chapter 02

class was over and everyone was headed to eat their lunch, wooyoung still packing his bag, and san waiting by the door for him.

"hey san!" waved yunho, walking towards san, "aren't you gonna eat your lunch?"

"i will, i'm just waiting for someone," smiled san. yunho looked into the classroom to check who san was waiting for only to see wooyoung zipping up his bag.

"him? san, you're still following him around? he doesn't even talk to you why do you keep following him," whispered yunho.

"i don't know, i just like staying around him. i don't really care whether he talks to me or not." san shrugged,

pure love and happiness are the only feelings he ever felt towards wooyoung, no matter how often people tell him to stay away from wooyoung, san can't help but go back to him.

"come on, he doesn't even like you! come have lunch with me and mingi,"

"no thanks, i've had enough of being the third wheel on your lunch dates with mingi, plus im sure mingi wants to eat lunch with you alone," replied san, as wooyoung walked past them. "bye yunho, have fun!" waved san, "wooyoung wait for me!" san said as he happily ran after wooyoung.

"so what's for lunch?" beamed san only to receive a side eye from wooyoung, san stopped, realizing the way they were going was to the dorms, "are you not gonna have lunch?"

no answer.

"if you're going to the dorms i'll just go get something to eat and come back," said san, running towards the cafeteria. wooyoung looked back for once, but his eyes still not allowing him to reflect his emotions.

san was in the cafeteria ordering some food from a nearby restaurant, "san? i thought you were with wooyoung, i saw you following him to the dorms," said seonghwa from behind san.

san turned around and replied to seonghwa, "oh! hyung, can i have some cash?"

"i'm fine too, thanks for asking," said seonghwa sarcastically, "why do you need it?" he said already taking out his wallet. "wooyoung doesn't want to eat so i was gonna get him some food from the cafeteria but they're not serving anything wooyoung really enjoys so i'm gonna order some food from the restaurant nearby," explained san

seonghwa nodded and gave san some money, san took the money and thanked him before going to the restaurant to pick the food up.

san would forget to do his assignment, brush his teeth, charge his phone, and even forget feeding himself, but leaving wooyoung without food was something he couldn't do. he never forgot, not a single day since he talked to wooyoung, he never forgot to check up on wooyoung.

san was waiting for his food by the cashier, he was told it will take around 15 minutes as the restaurant was busy around this hour.

a group of guys that he saw in college a couple of times were sitting at the table beside san, he never talked to them, one of them would always cause trouble, so he didn't want to get involved with them.

"order 138!" called out the cashier, "yes," san raised his hand, thanked the cashier, and received his order. as he was abt to leave he overheard one of the guys from the table say something,

"you know that wooyoung guy? i heard he got dumped and that's why he's all depressed and shit" said one of them, "really? damn what a loser, all that cause his girlfriend dumped him, grow up," said another one, rolling his eyes.

and in that brief moment san was beside them, glaring at them.

"can we help you," said the same person who called wooyoung a loser, obviously annoyed by the sudden action of a stranger.

"yeah, you can actually, how about you shut the fuck up?" hissed san, "what the fuck is your problem?" the guy snapped, standing up and looking san in the eye. "me? nothing. you? plenty, you know how shouldn't be talking about someone when you don't know anything about them," glared san.

"oh, so it is you," he looked over to his friends, laughing, "it's the guy that hangs out with the freak,"

san didn't realize that his fist had already hit the guy's cheek, leaving a bruise. the other people at the table stood up and before san knew it they were all in the back alley. san was on the ground, bleeding from his forehead, and bruises all around his face and arms.

to be fair it was 5 vs 1 it wasn't a very fair fight in the first place but at least san got the first blow.

they eventually stopped after someone saw them, san went back into the restaurant and grabbed the food he had left.

the love he had for wooyoung would be the death of him, yet he would still jump head first even if it would cost him his life.

after he got to campus he got a lot of worried looks from the people he walked by, he was on his way to wooyoungs dorm. he knocked on the door and wooyoungs roommate, hongjoong, opened the door.

"san! what's happened to you?" said hongjoong with a worried look on his face. "oh it's nothing, i tripped" he lied, hongjoong clearly knew he was lying but he didn't say anything, "i'm heading to seonghwa's dorm, i wont be back till tomorrow so you can sleep here today," said hongjoong as he left.

"wooyoung-ah!" san chimed as he hugged wooyoung, "i got you some food! i got you your favorite," he said, opening up the bag and placing the food on the table, "come on woo the food will get cold," san walked over to his desk and rolled his chair to the table where the food was.

wooyoung still wearing the same expression until he finally looked at san. even if it were only for a second, the same expression he wore changed to worry for a second. wooyoung stood up, san looked puzzled seeing wooyoung not going back to his desk but to his bed.

wooyoung crouched down and picked up a box from under his bed, a first aid kit. sans eyes lit up, they were practically sparkling. he does care.

san moved to the side to leave room for wooyoung on the couch, wooyoung opened the box and started cleaning san's wounds.

wooyoungs eyes were fixated on sans injuries and sans eyes were fixated on wooyoung, "arent you curious?" said san, receiving a confused look from wooyoung, "aren't you curious about how i got these?" after wooyoung understood what san was talking about he went back to treating his wounds. san smiled, a smile that displayed everything but happiness.

"yeah..."

wooyoung replied to san.