Redemption

It was a nice sunny morning, with birds chirping and small animals gathering food, world seemed peaceful all around despite of the recent chaos, a person in white dhoti and angvastra was offering water to the sun god and praying to him, he was none other than the new king of hastinapur karna , he was feeling the warmth of his celestial father on his skin and without turning around offered alms to any one needed as always but his peace was short lived,as he heard someone crying behind him.
He turned immediately and saw his Anuj dushashan standing crying.
"What happened dushasan,why are you crying?......is everything alright?"he asked in panic.

"Everything is fine for now, jyestha and it should remain that way and that is why I am here.....i...i am here to ask for alms from you and you have to promise me to give me what I want.....promise me ,jyestha."

"Dushashan.... Beta....what is it that you want ,you are scaring me a little,crying like this.... please compose yourself." Said karna trying to pacify dushashan.

"No.... jyestha you have to promise me first, please jyestha."dushashan pleaded.

"Okay...okay Anuj ...i promise you I will give you anything as long as it is within my means and righteous." Said karna.

"As alms I want you to promise me to never donate your kavach and kundal to anyone ,under any circumstances." Asked dushashan.

"But, why would I.....?! " Tried karna.

"No,you have to promise me this as alms." Said dushashan.

"Fine...dear Anuj dushashan ,i promise you this as alms that I will never ever donate my kavach and kundal to anyone under any circumstances....happy." said karna smiling slightly.

" Very." Replied dushashan and ran by full force towards karna ,the next thing karna knew was that he was engulfed in a bear hug which he returned with to he similar enthusiasm.

Later when both the brothers were returning from Ganga Ghat ,karna asked dushashan curiously.

"Why did you asked such an alms from me,Anuj?"

"I got afraid ,jyestha." Replied dushashan not meeting karna's eyes.

"Why Anuj?"

"I heard Shri Krishna and Shri Parshuram Ji talking ,i was not evasdropping,it was a coincidence that I was there,when they were talking about you and a certain fate you might have to undergo due to your resolve to give alms.....and I could not wear the thought of any harm coming to your way because of the dirty and manipulative ways of sakuni, you have suffered enough already, so after a thinking carefully ,I decided to ask such alms from you,now sakuni will not be able to ask for your kavach and kundal and hurt you." Replied dushashan and karna was astonished as to how much dushashan has come to love and care for him. He got teary eyed......which dushashan saw and befor he could panic ,this time he was the one getting engulfed ina huge hug.

which dushashan saw and befor he could panic ,this time he was the one getting engulfed ina huge hug

Take care.