Making Strategy

Next day Vasu returned to the palace and was told to go to Duryodhana's chamber , there he came to know that the king has appointed him as Duryodhana's advisor, upon the said  prince's request.

Duryodhana was very happy to see him and told him that he was there as a friend and what happened with dushashan would never happen again.he also apologised for his brothers mistakes.

Vasusen told him that he need not to apologise on behalf of his brother and requested him to arrange a meeting to discuss the reason behind the attack of Asuras and strategies to be implemented, to fight against the next one.

Duryodhana agreed and sent a message to everyone to arrive at his chambers.
Vasu also went to get Vrushali as she could provide information regarding the Asuras.

Soon , Pandavas, Bhishma ,Kunti, Draupadi, Bhanumati, Vidur, the king and queen, vikarna and yuyutsu, Kripacharya all were seated inside Duryodhana's chamber.
Vasu and Vrushali also arrived.
They stood in one corner.

"Pranipat everyone, thank you for accepting my request. I have invited all of you here today to discuss about the attack on Hastinapur , despite our best efforts , we were not able to protect our kingdom properly and it even came to that the king was attacked directly, if it was not for Vasu ,our lives would have been ruined...and that is why this meeting is arranged,to discuss how and why this happened ,and the ways to improve our defences."said Duryodhana.

"Good thinking Putra, it is true that Vasu had saved many lives and we are thankful towards him." Said Bhisma looking towards Vasusen, he was seeing his eldest grand nephew in him and was feeling proud.

"I did nothing out of ordinary , Mahamahim, I did what I was supposed to do as a citizen of hastinapur, and I do not do it alone ,all of you were also fighting , and Vrushali, she was the one who told me about the Asura's plan and where they were, about that portal also." Said Vasu.

"She also saved our lives and she was very brave among all this." Said Gandhari.

"Then you both deserve our praise and thanks."said Drithrastra.

"No...no I did nothing ,only some recon ,it was all Vasu." Said Vrushali feeling shy.

Duryodhana started to laugh at this,
"It seems that this praising each other game could go on forever but we do not have much time ,we would also need to attend the court a while, so let's just agree that Mitra Vasu and Devi Vrushali both are very brave and saved us, they deserve the praise equally." He said.

Everyone agreed.

"Opening of that portal inside Gandharaj's chamber was not a coincidence in my opinion , and at the exact same time when you all were not in the palace , fighting to defend the borders.
Asura's attacking from all the sides and trying to kill the  king, it was a well thought plan ,made by Gandharaj to destroy Hastinapur." Explained Vasu
Coming forward.

"You are right ,Putra but the question now that is sakuni so bent on destroying Hastinapur that he would work with the Asura and which one , no powerful asuras dwell the surface of earth, they need to be released and how is sakuni planning to release them, the portal which opened here was a way but you closed it and destroyed the Ruby." Said vidur.

"He is , I tried to talk to him many times ,make him see reason that he had been blinded by rage, hatred and jealousy but he never listens ,It pains me to say this but my brother is beyond redemption , he will have to face for what he has done and planing to do, one day." Said Gandhari sadly.

"When I closed the portal, I saw Gandharaj and kakasura on the other side." Said Vasu.

"Hmmm....I have analysed the pieces of that blood ruby and it was not powerful enough to bring Asura as powerful as kakasura to earth but , they both must be planning a way to bring him upside, we need to stop them any how." Said Kripacharya.