Coronation

"Bade bhaiya...." Said krishna, following karna towards the corridor.

"No, kanha.... please don't even try to make me change my decision,I don't want to be a king ,i am fine with the way I am ,i like helping people,the way I do." Requested Krishna.

"Bade bhaiya, this is the quality which makes you the most suitable person to become king, you don't want to be king but you do everything for the betterment of people and understand the problems they might be facing.
Your treat everyone equally and protect all with your life. You must consider becoming king for the betterment of people...after all it was your father,Maharaj pandu's last wish." Replied Krishna.

"No,don't bring pita shree's name into this.....i am not going to change my decision." Said karna.

"You will not change your decision,even if I ask you, my dear grandson." Karna turned around and found Bhishma standing there with a sadness and hope in his eyes. He gulped and fought back tears ,how could he shatter that hope.

Bhishma continued......" "Putra, I have taken an oath to die only after seeing Hastinapur in good hands, till now I have never been able to rest my heart peacefully, or found happiness,if you are the king ,I shall have peace ,will you not provide this old man with such a relief and happiness at this stage in life."

"I...i...."tried karna with tears in his eyes.

"Please jyestha....we beg you ,urge you to take your rightful place and let us serve you." Said Duryodhana, foolding hands in front of him , Pandavas and dushashan, standing beside him with the same request in their eyes.

"I....I ne...need to leave." Karna left the palace with tears in his eyes.

"Bhrata....." Said yudhisthira trying to go after karna but Krishna stopped him.

Vrushali was already going after karna.

"Devi vrushali is the comfort , jyeshtha needs right now

"Devi vrushali is the comfort , jyeshtha needs right now.let her talk to him." Said Madhav.

Everyone agreed.
-

Karna was feeling overwhelmed and for the first time in his life ,he did not know what to do,he was torn emotionally inside his heart.

"What is it ,vasu?
Why are you so adamant about not being the king, because the way I see it ,you are most suitable and most desired , everyone would be so happy and feel protected ,if you are the one leading everyone.....so tell me what is the reason ,why are you saying no , despite being worthy?!" Asked vrushali gently.

"Because.... because I don't want to be alone again." Exclaimed karna.

"What do you mean ?" Asked vrushali in confusion.

"You know my life and my pain better than anyone else and you know I have always been alone ,only you were there for me. I was ostracized and kept hidden by the family ,that callede their own, society never accepted me and mocked me at every turn of events.
Now ,I have a family and friends ,who love me , and care about me ,the way I am.
I don't want to loose that.
If....if i become the king ,a gap will again get created between me and others and I will loose the unconditional love and comfort once again , i don't want that,I can't accept that, I know I am being selfish.....but I...i " explained karna with tremors in his voice.