Support System

Yudhisthira was not able to sleep ,he was restless and worried about his duties as crown prince of Hastinapur.
Truth be told ,he had always felt burdened with the responsibilities that came with his newly acquired title.
After the untimely death of his father ,he had to grow up very fast for the sake of his brothers and mother. At that time ,he decided to always be present there for his brothers and never to show any weakness ( emotional or physical or otherwise ) to them.
They needed him as their strength and he would gladly do it for them.
But sometimes ,he feels overwhelmed,he wants to escape these responsibilities and this mask of being wise and serious. Sometimes he just wants to be able to relax and unwind , be playful just like his brothers, only if their was someone ,infront of whom ,he could go back to being his younger self just like he used to do in his father's presence,but that could not happen ,and he could not escape his duties ,so ,he would suffer in silence,all these sleepless night and the unseen but gripping weight clutching on to his heart and his mind.

Today was one such day, a party was organised in the palace to celebrate his crowning.
Everyone seemed very happy , especially his brothers and he was happy for being able to make them happy.
But now he was feeling very anxious and could not sleep,so he came to the gardens ,maybe a little fresh air would help him sleep better.

Vasusen was late today as he was cleaning up after the party but he was  happy seeing prince yudhisthira being celebrated like this.
He was rushing towards the exit. when he spotted someone in the palace gardens ,on closer inspection he realised that it was Yuvraj yudhisthira.
What is he doing outside in this late at night, he thought.
He went near him and said,

"Pranipat Yuvraj, what are you doing here this late ?  Is there something ,I can do for you?"

"Mitra karna, what are doing this late in the palace, shouldn't you have went home by now?"

"I asked the question first  Yuvraj ,but to answer your question, I was cleaning up after the party." While Vasu was saying the word party ,he saw yudhisthira sucking air as if the word bothered him or was it the word Yuvraj.

"I just wanted to take a walk." Replied yudhisthira.

"Were you unable to sleep ,Yuvraj ?
Is there something bothering you?"Vasu decided to ask directly.

"No....no.. nothing like that ,you can go home Vasu, it is very late. I should also go inside."
Saying this yudhisthira started to walk towards his chambers,he wanted to stay for some more time but knew that Vasu would not let this topic go,unless he went inside.

But Vasu was not having any of yudhisthira' s bullshit.

"I can see in your eyes that something is bothering you.You know you can talk to me ,tell me anything,Mitra. I promise you that whatever you tell me right now ,will remain between us only." Said Vasusen looking directly in yudhisthira's eyes.

Yudhisthira's stubborn nature brow understand vasu's s gaze.
He could see that Vasu really cared for him and just trying to comfort him.
May be talking to someone would help his anxiety , he thought so he told everything to Vasusen.
How he felt overwhelmed and would like to unbind sometimes and also about being doubtful in fulfilling his duties.

Vasu understood yudhisthira point of view completely ,after all ,he too wanted to lean on some one many a times. He decided to comfort yudhisthira.

"That is true ,you do need to start taking your responsibilities more seriously and behave in a proper way suitable for crown prince." Teased Vasu.

Yudhisthira was taken aback
After such declaration and his eyes became comically big in surprise, he could not believe what he just heard ,he was expecting Vasu to say something nice.

Just then Vasu started to laugh and his laugh had something comforting about it ,that he felt at peace in his heart.

"I am just teasing you, Mitra.
Truth be told ,you are the best crown prince ,this kingdom could get, right now.You believe in equality, the way you behave with me and call me your Mitra, despite being the crown prince, it shows your humility and respect for every human being.you fulfill all your duties really well." Explained Vasusen.

"Do you really think so,Mitra?" Asked yudhisthira.

"I don't think so, I believe so....but ofcourse what do I know ,I am only palace servent." Said Vasu shrugging his shoulder.

Yudhisthira was going to tell him otherwise but realised that Vasu was teasing him again.

He smiled and told Vasu not to call himself just a servent again ,he is much more than just that.

"Really...then proof it, by catching me, if you can." Said Vasu and got ready to run.

"Challenge accepted." Said Yudhisthira and a game of tag started between the two, both were laughing and running around like children.

Soon yudhisthira was hugging Vasu awakardly, in an attempt of not letting him run away anymore.

"I am fine ,Mitra and it's very late, you should go now. Your family must be waithing .thank you." Said Yudhisthira.

"Are you sure... you would be able to sleep now?" Asked Vasu trying to desperately stir away from the topic of his family.

"I am sure" replied yudhisthira smiling.

Vasusen and yudhisthira said goodbye to each other and went their own way.
Tonight yudhisthira would be able to sleep peacefully,all thanks to Vasusen ,he was really happy.

Next day , Pandavas and Kunti started their journey towards varnavrat after saying goodbye to the family and to Vasu, and promising to be back soon.
Though Arjun was not with them because he had gone to Dwarka , the previous night with Rajkumari Subhadra to drop her off.
He would be joining the rest of his family the next day.
***************************
Hi guys,

I apologise for not being able to update regularly nowadays ,also please ignorey mistakes,I am still learning.
Thank you all for loving and reading my stories.
I treasure you all and love reading you comments.
Keep voting and commenting.
Love you.
Goodbye
Take care, it is really cold outside so dress warmly.