Chapter 26: Jacks POV

Start from the beginning

Beth came out first. She was wearing a red and creamy coloured lace dress that hugged her small frame. It suited her and the way her hair and makeup had been done, made her features look beautiful. But she wasn't who I was focusing on. Beth had stopped and moved over slightly so Jess could stand next to her; and damn she looked flawless.

Her dress was also skin tight and hugged her curves. Stunning. Her hair looked amazing and framed her face which had just the right amount of make up on, without making her look trashy. Beautiful. She was just... gorgeous.

Then they started to walk towards the three of us and she looked amazing. I could only focus on her. Her face was practically emotionless, making her look like a model on the runway. Now I understood the red carpet!

Her hips swayed as she walked and I felt my heartbeat quicken as they stopped inches away from us.

Thats when my heart stopped beating. The once happy but crazy rhythm it had once possessed had now disappeared completely. All because of one kiss. Her lips gently taking over mine.

But then it clicked. I was only imagining it. It wasn't me she was kissing. It was... him. My heart dropped. I hid the disappointment on my face quickly so as not to alert anyone, but Beth must have seen my reaction as she looked at me with a smirk.

She obviously knew I was jealous. Great!

"Do we not get a hello?" Beth questioned, a serious look on her face.

"Hello" the three of us chimed and the girls rolled their eyes.

Jess and Beth both said goodbye to Julian and the other two women who had just appeared and we left to go to the taxi.

When we got in we discussed where we wanted to go.

Jess suggested a small restaurant she knew of, not far from the club. All of us agreed it would be the most convenient and we decided to go there.

We all had a snack, payed the bill and left for the club.

I'll say this, having Tom as a 'friend' was worth it right now. As he knew the owner we got straight into the club, no queueing, no nothing. He had his perks.

The girls went straight to the bar and ordered drinks, we gave the bartender our orders as well and then went to find a table.

We found a booth and sat down. Tom next to Jess, I sat opposite and Beth and Danny next to me. I saw Tom whisper something into Jess' ear and saw her blush. I felt a harsh twang, pull on my heart at the small, simple gesture that was being done. This heart of mine was really becoming a nuisance.

Anyone want it? Sorry nope, my heart is reserved for a certain young, blonde lady that just so happened to be sitting in front of me!

Okay, when did I become so cheesy?

Jess stood up and asked Beth to dance. She giggled a quick 'thank you' to Tom and then strutted away with Beth. I felt nervous. Which is understandable right because the last time they were dancing on there own, she practically got attacked.

Casually I kept glancing at the dance floor to make sure he was okay. Danny gave me a quick kick under the table, shooting me a look saying 'watch it'. I rolled my eyes.

There is nothing wrong with being protective over a friend. And to be frank, I couldn't give a damn about what Tom thought, because I've know and protected for a lot longer than he has! So he can shove that in his pipe and smoke it! Not literally, just an expression, but whatever.

I noticed a tall, muscular guy walking towards our table with a big grin on his face. He had a black Ralph Lauren polo shirt on and black skinnys with some black dress shoes on.