Chapter #13

I returned to school on a Friday,and to be honest I was glad,whatever drama would happen today and trust me there would be some,I could rest it over on the weekend.

My mother insisted on driving me to school,right outside the school this time instead of around the corner like the few times she's kind enough to drop me as she says. I saw Xavier on the way and dropped my head down,I really did not want to see him,or him see me.

When I finally got to school,mama screamed at me to make sure I eat,I gave a thumbs up and hurried out of the car. I didn't wanna draw anymore attention,as I walked into school,eyes were all over me,and whispers filled the hallways,I felt like this was some sort of American highschool shit.

I minded my business and continued to look down,that's until I noticed all eyes were on him and her.

What was HE doing with HER?

Right after he told me,she wasn't his girlfriend. What was he doing? I hurried along to my class as everyone gawked over them,him holding his arm around her neck and her fondling him. It was seriously disturbing and Id never felt so hurt. My head was down for so long and I was so focused on my thoughts I almost didn't notice when I fell to the ground,along with another girl.

I immediately apologised and attempted to brush myself off,she seemed to have more difficulty getting up,so I helped her. We exchanged kind smiles and thank yous. She looked over to me nervously as a little peep came out of her.

"You're Kaylah right?" she asked.

I looked at her a little confused,how did she know my name? I nodded my head and she gave me another smile.

"Oh it's just that I heard about you and Xavier.." she began. I rolled my eyes hard,and started to walk away.

"I just-I mean I didn't think you were the type" she said.

"The type? The type to what" I asked,my voice a little irritated.

"If you plan on judging me,I really don't wanna hear it" I said,raising my voice just a little. She moved back a little,and got a little red.

"Oh no,I'm sorry I just wanted to tell you that it's going to be okay,whatever happened between you guys,will pass I promise" she said,her voice breaking just a little.

"Oh I'm sorry,maybe I was a little harsh,thank you,you've been kinder then anyone else" I smiled.

"Wanna walk to class together?" I asked,she nodded her head.

"So what class" I asked,to which she replied.

"Maths"

"Oh me too" I said. "We're in the same class" she revealed.

"Oh" I said a little embarrassed.

"Yeah well I'm quite" she confessed. I walked with her,the rest of the way and we parted ways in the class,she sat on the back and I sat at the front,maybe that's why.

The class finished quick,which I was relieved by as it was double maths and my teacher's voice was getting more and more deafening.

As I walked out of class,alone. I could see Xavier from the corner of my eye,he was coming closer and closer,and I was walking away,faster and faster,to the point I felt myself losing my breathe,and going a little red.

"Hold up,Kaylah" he screamed out,I was heading for the door to the closest exit,but I randomly got jammed up with the younger years which only annoyed me more,and now he's caught up to me.

"Damn girl,you're fast" he said,a little out of breathe. I shoved his arms away and went the opposite direction.

"Look,I made a mistake" he said. I raised my eyebrows.

"oh a mistake" I asked.

"I don't even know what happened,she came onto me,and I-I" he stuttered.

"You let her,and now what,you're dating." I spat out I was angrier than ever.

"No well yeah but only because she's-kaylah she's got something on me" he whispered out.

"What- what could she possibly have on YOU?" I asked,my nails digging into my palms.

"She has proof that I plagiarised the debate essay I produced for the national competition next week,it's already been sent to the directors of the club,so it's not like I can change it" he confessed.

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU,GOD I'M JUST EVEN MORE MAD" I screamed with gritted teeth. He grabbed my arms,and begged me to shut up. I shoved him again,harder than normal.

"Okay okay jeez" I said,ushering his hands down.

"Well I'm sorry but why on earth would you do that?" I asked,with my voice a little lower.

"Because- Because I wanted to impress you" he let out,murmuring the last part. I smiled hard.

"Cute" I said,patting his back.

"But I'm still mad" I said,just before I walked away I let him know "I'll help you figure this out,meet me behind the school today after class yeah" I said and we parted ways.
________________________________
Hi,thank you for the reads!
I love you!
Read my new mafia book : Mismatched.