Chapter #1

#1
I walked into school for the first time in about two months. I was pretty anxious,since it meant all new classes,and all new people. I could practically feel my heart coming out of my chest.

As I got into my first class I could see one of my best friends,Safa. She was waving her hand towards me,I was pretty sure we'd have no classes together considering our academic differences but here we were, as I went towards her with a gleaming smile,our teacher Ms Wareall stopped me in my tracks,literally putting her hand in front of me,as she glared me down with a fake smile.

"Seating plan Kaylah" she said with that stupid white accent.

Put the 'K' in kaylah for God's sake.

I immediately moved back putting my hands slightly up in surrender.

"Right,right,right" she repeated tapping a scrawny finger on her chin.

She stood in thought for a second,it really wasn't that deep.

"Right there" she pointed to the back corner of the classroom.

At least I was sitting alone,until I remembered the rest of the class was yet to arrive.

20 mins later
I thought I was safe from having to sit next to someone new,but to my surprise the door bashed open and a freshly shaven,dark eyed,tall boy entered the classroom.
Xavier.

Xavier Harris.

Now I know,it sounds completely cliche but rumour has it he changed it when he found out his parents named him after Jonathon,a Christian prophet and since he was apparently a satan worshipper he changed it,for the satan.

"WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS" Miss Wareall screamed.

"Sorry" he smirked,seductively brushing his hand over his other subtly flexing his muscles in a tight black shirt.

She was a whore for 17 year old boys,so she simply pointed next to me,not bothering to scream any further. Instead she played with her hair and giggled lightly under her breath. I grabbed my chest to monitor my heartbeat,positive that my heart had fallen out.

It was him. I felt my body lower into the seat as I tried to make myself small. Maybe if I stayed like this the whole lesson,maybe even the whole year,he would not notice me.

As I fell way too low,I mean just on the flat ground at this point,I struggled to lift myself up. I slowly climbed up into the seat shuffling occasionally,he just looked at me and laughed a stifled chuckle.

Dude please let me embarrass myself in private. As I finally got myself settled I turned my head towards him slighting noticing little puffs of air coming from his mouth,surely that wasn't his breath? No one's breathe is that cloudy,not unless their a car engine,I thought. He began slowly to face me,but then in a blink of a eye turned his head towards mine.

"Like what you see" he whispered.

It was 8am. Ugh this man. I simply scoffed. He brought his breath close to my face, grapefruit. I pulled away immediately and sighed,he had a fresh smirk on his face. somewhat defeated,I slouched back into my seat.

Lunchtime -

Many,many boring classes passed. I was tired,and more importantly hungry. I jumped into the lunch line to get myself a drink and a sandwich.

As I pulled closer to the counter,I heard slight shuffles and turned my head. How was he now everywhere? Wait. Why were people moving for him. He didn't even say anything he simply stared.

"You gonna move,table?" He asked.

Did he just call me a table? Why? Oh wait. I simply shook my head,no,and to my surprise he made peace with it.

"Fair enough" he muttered.

Wow. Even the people around us were shocked. As I got my food,he stood patiently behind holding down a mean glare. I made my way towards my table only to see Safa with her mouth semi open,considering it was half full with food,I shoved her in disgust,it was for my own good.

"Did I just see you waiting in line WITH THE XAVIER HARRIS" she asked,slightly shouting the last part which drew eyes towards us.

"First of all,shut up" I whispered.

"And no,we weren't together I just didn't let him push in" I finished.

Her mouth was now fully open,I yet again scrunched my face in disgust and signalled her to close her mouth.

"WAIT YOU DIDNT LISTEN AND HE DIDNT KILL YOU" she raised her voice,making me once again signal her to shut up.

"YES NOW SHUT UP" I yelled.

And that's when a very tall dark haired boy,came towards our table.

————————————————————————
Hi,thank you for the reads!
I love you!
Read my new mafia book : Mismatched.