Chapter 7

It was Saturday morning,the sun was shining and the birds were chirping but I was neither happy to be awake or alive.

Okay I may sound a little dramatic but my alarm was blaring and not my phone's.

"Ay kaylah aşağı gel, her zaman telefonundasın" she yelled,at this rate I was sure the neighbours could hear her.

I stumbled down the stairs,half dead rubbing my face with my hands trying to get used to the light.

"Wallahi Sen faydasızsın how you marry" she continued. Wait mama doesn't speak Turkish and English together unless she's mad,MAD.

I ran down the rest of the stairs,looking around to make sure she didn't have anything to throw at me.

"Mama what's wrong" I asked,my voice low careful not to set her off.

"Yallah hiç türkçe konuşmuyorsun you some American girl now huh who know you even Turk haah" she screamed back,American? We live in the UK but I wasn't going to argue that.

"Ok okay mama Üzgünüm" I gave her a small hopeful smile. "eşek" she replied. I guess she wasn't that mad anymore.

Before I left the house,I cleaned the entire place,in just 30 mins. Impressive,right? She was only mad because some auntie told her I'm too whitewashed,and well that got to her head,but I promised to focus more on my Turkish and after that she was fine.

I got on the bus,at 11am. I was low-key panting as I was running late,and that's when my phone began to blow up with messages from Xavier 'WHERE ARE YOU??' 'DUDE WHY ARE YOU SO LATE??' 'KAYLAH PICK YOUR PHONE UP RIGHT NOW' 'FUCK IT IM COMING TO YOUR HOUSE' my heart dropped,literally fell into my hand and is no longer beating. A moment of relief drafted over me,but the buzzing began again. 'WHY THE FUCK IS XAVIER HARRIS TURNING INTO YOUR HOUSE' - Safa.

Wait what? My hands began shaking,and my heart-rate rose,a panicking amount,I clicked my phones multiple times and called him,my breath shaky.

"Xavier what the actual fuck,I came a few mins late why are you freaking out,why are you at my house,what is wrong with you" I screamed into the phone,stares clung.

"Language Kaylah" he began calmly.

"Few mins? Are you stupid,you are literally 45 mins late I'm only freaking out because I met Safa on the way and she joked you probably got kidnapped,forgive me for caring about if you were alive or not"he spat into the phone,I could feel the anger.

"Be home in 10 mins" he finished.

He put the phone down and my head focused on something he said 'forgive me about caring' damn I wasn't about to analyse that but,he cares about me? My heart fluttered,it's been doing that quite a lot lately.

I got off the next stop and walked the rest of the way home,with occasional pings from him asking 'how long' I considered not replying but he was the type to literally knock on my parents door,so I text back immediately and walked faster till I finally got home.

He was standing just a few minutes away from my house,and he quite impossible to miss. I greeted him with a quick 'hey' followed by "Quite protective aren't we?" he shot me a cold glare.

"Don't test me,Kaylah" he replied with his jaw so tightly clenched I could see his teeth from the outside of his cheek.

"Geez,calm down" I replied,raising my hands in surrender.

"What's the plan" he asked,still with that cold glare plastered to his face.

"Here let's walk somewhere,far" I replied walking further from my home. I knew exactly where to go.

________________________________
Hi,thank you for the reads!
I love you!
Read my new mafia book : Mismatched.