Chapter #4

I ran into the classroom,not even sad well a little but more confused. What did he mean by what he said. I knew I wasn't a bad looking girl- I wasn't.

It was what I wore.

I rushed to my next classroom as the one I was currently in began filling up with younger students,on the way I met up with Safa who'd apparently heard the rumour 'Xavier had dumped me in front of the whole school'

"Wow,I didn't even know we were dating" I sarcastically said,rolling my eyes at her.

She shot me a sympathetic look "Stop that" I said shoving her lightly in the face.

I walked towards my seat,in the corner with my head down hoping when he'd come in he wouldn't pay attention but I waited and waited,he didn't arrive at all,I wonder why.

The day finally came to an end,I walked out of school my arms around Safa's neck.

"Wanna go eat" I asked nuzzling my head inside her neck.

"Of course" she squealed back as I drove us to our favourite food store.

We headed to the counter,ordered and sat on the table besides the windows. I zoned out for a while as Safa was chatting away. I know,I know besties are meant to listen but come on it was the same thing over and over again.

The tray of food was placed lightly on our table,I hadn't even noticed,not till I heard a clear of the throat and Safa's mouth a little open. She shuffled towards the front of her seat snapping out of that shock.

"Thank you" she growled as she shoved his arm away that had been leaning on the table.

He didn't break his gaze on me.

"Since when did you work here?" I asked with a stern tone.

"Oh I don't,I heard them calling out your name and I thought why not" he said with a smirk on his face and his body shifting towards the table.

I stopped him in his tracks by pushing my elbow right to the edge of the table and smiled right up at him.

"Why are you here,Xavier?" I asked with my face in my hand.

"You didn't answer my texts and when I saw you come in I thought I'd ask you why" he replied looking slightly down.

He looked innocent.

"I've been busy" I replied with a certain anger in my tone.

"Busy? I've watched you stare into the nothingness for 20 mins and then once in a while look at my texts just to ignore them" he replied I could see his eyebrows furrow a little.

"Yeah busy being the girl you're embarrassed of" I said,I know cringe but I was mad.

"I'm not embarrassed-" he began,ready to make his point. I cut him off immediately.

"So when that boy called 'us' cute why did cringe so hard and more or less ran for your life" I asked putting air quotes between the 'us'?.

I'm not sure why I was mad,it's not like I wanted people to think we were dating,it's just that I was actually a little sad that he found that possibility of us even being anything so...disgusting. I know it wasn't ever going to happen,I mean I wasn't the type to indulge in haram relationships,I knew better but I guess a part of me wanted him to want me.

"Listen,we're two very different people,you're so- and I'm just really- like me and you would never work plus what would people think?" He said as he raised his voice a little.

To be honest I knew we'd never work but I never took Xavier to be the type to be ashamed of me,of what I wear on my head.

"WOW I WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE TAKEN SOMEONE LIKE YOU TO CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK" I yelled,I'm not sure why.
I gritted my teeth in attempts to limit myself ,I was bursting with anger, tired of people being ashamed of me,of my religion,of even being seen with me. I hadn't know Xavier for long,maybe just about a week but I guess a part of me thought he liked being around me but the truth was he was forced to be around me and he didn't really care,and truth be told at the end of the day,people like us clash.

He looked at me in the eye as he threw his hands towards me.

"NORMALLY I DONT,BUT THAT STUPID THING YOU WEAR ON YOUR HEAD IS SO EMBARRASSING,I TALK TO YOU ONCE OUT OF LESSON AND LOOK AT ALL THE SHIT IM GETTING" he yelled back.

Where did that come from? I couldn't even look him in the eyes.

"Fuck you" I yelled back. I swore,I never swear.

I stormed out,rage filling my body,my fists. I got into my car and screamed as I punched my steering wheels. I was furious,how could he say something like that. I looked into my car mirror,tears now filling my eyes. I looked up. Why does what I wear cause me such hardship. Why do I get treated differently. I fixed my hijab as I saw Safa walking towards the car with a bag full of food in her hand.

She climbed into the car and handed me the food. I loved how she knew when I didn't feel like talking,she gave me a small smile and we ate.

________________________________
Hi,thank you for the reads!
I love you!
Read my new mafia book : Mismatched.