chapter 10- fate

My eyes flew open once more, I couldn't sleep with him by my side. The sound of his low breaths filled the room and it got worse when he turned over making his bulge press against my ass.

I was frozen in that position, temptation overwhelmed me to turn around and I did, staring at him he still looked dangerous in his sleep and so breathtaking.

I reached out to touch his face but my wrist was quickly caught. He opened his eyes as it flickered from red to grey.

"What are you doing?" He looked angry "nothing" I said turning away.

The next second he was on top of me pinning me to the bed.

"You don't want me to fuck you yet here you are". He bent down pressing his hard on against me as he whispered in my ears.

"Your stubborness isn't doing both of us any good, if I wanted to fuck you without your approval I could but that won't be any fun now would it?"

The fact he's not human scared me, what if something happens to me if we sleep together.

"All this waiting is making me hungry" I looked at him confused then realized what he meant.

"If you don't want it to hurt more then I suggest you stay put"

he clamped my hands above my head and I shut my eyes preparing for the worse but instead he licked my neck slowly, relaxing my nerves before he unexpectedly bit into my neck.

I squealed biting down on my lower lip. It was so painful and he showed no mercy by digging his teeth harder into me. I struggled making it hurt more, the fact I'm already use to pain was the only thing stopping me from screaming.

"This is also what it means to be my property" he said when he was done. He bit his thumb and pressed it against my lips, the metallic feeling of his drops of blood slowly going down my throat as the bit mark to closed up.

I was amazed when I touch the skin of my neck, so this was how my wounds healed so fast but I still felt pain there.

He casually went back to sleep and so did I, I knew what I signed up for when I said I wanted to live but it didn't take away the bad feelings, even still there's no going back.

Hunter's POV

We were in my office and I felt like I could go crazy from all the questions she was asking me, I didn't know why I was still entertaining it.

"Can humans and your kind give birth?" she asked another question.

"No, if the mother is human the child will kill her from the inside, sucking the life force out of her then die, if the mother is my kind the baby will be too weak to survive in her stomach then die".

I rolled my eyes as words escaped her lips once more.

"Can humans turn into your kind or the other way around?" I sighed barely hiding my frustration.

"The other way around no but yes, humans can be transformed into my kind but that can only be done by specific people with special abilities known as royals"

"Royals?" She questioned looking over at me

"Like myself and brothers, royals have more ability than regular monsters, a royal can heal with their blood, turn humans into our kind. for regulars you need only cut off their heads to kill them but it takes more than that to kill a royal"

She rolled her eyes thinking of another question.

"why did you come to this world?" Her tone gave off more curiosity in this question than others.

I stayed quiet, the reason was never clear to me as well, the throne was not something that really interests me, I would have left it for my brother if he wasn't planning on taking this world. All I knew was that I wanted something different.

"I wanted a change of atmosphere" I confessed.

"Why- enough with the questions" I snapped.

"just one more" I sighed giving her a go ahead.

She stuttered like she was nervous "does...umm...does anything happen when a human and your kind sleep together?"

I scoffed before answering "if something did happen would the world still be like this". I heard her let out a breath.

"You sound relieved" I chuckled

"N-no"

Our conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door before severus walked in.

"Sir may I have a word with you" he looked over to nova "alone".

I didn't need to tell her to leave, she stood up and scurried off.

"What is it?" I asked raising my brows

"What do you plan on doing with her sir?" He asked closing the door.

"I was thinking of transforming her" he gave me a surprised look.

"The chances of that succeeding is very low, she might die in the process"

"Then so be it"

He didn't reply, I could sense slight pity from him.

"is that what you came here for or do you finally have news on the job I sent you on?" I asked changing the conversation

"Yes sir I have news but there is something important I must tell you first" he sighed before continuing "you will be surprised with what I found out" I could hear the worry in his tone.

"What is it?" I asked restlessly.

"I decided to do a background check on nova with all that has been happening and I found out her parents were Christian and Lisa fawn"

I stared at severus in disbelief hoping it was misinformation

"thats impossible severus are you sure!!" I raised my voice.

"One hundred percent sir" I tightened my fist finding the news hard to take in.

Fate is truly a bitch.