chapter 2- saved

Hunter's POV

"Is it done?" I asked over the phone

"Yes sir"

"Make sure to dispose of the body properly leave no trace behind" I warned.

"yes sir". I cut the call and threw my phone to the other side of the car before releasing a breath of frustration.

"another case sir?" my driver asked

"It seems so Severus, lately there have been more than usual"

"Surely you know why sir" I looked out the window watching the rain drizzle down, it always cooled my nerves.

"Are you going to go back?"
I was about to answer until I saw what looked like a body through the window.

"Stop the car" I ordered as severus also noticed what I saw. I got out and walked towards it noticing it was a young woman on the brick of death. 'Human'

She had many stab wounds and was unconscious, I checked her pulse,thankfully she was still alive. There aren't any hospitals in this area and the closest is at least 20km, she would be dead by then.

I guess I have no choice, I bit my thumb causing blood to ooze out "sir-"

"it's fine" I cut him off before he could continue

I opened her mouth pouring my blood in till I noticed her wounds closing up. "this should do". I carried her into my car and laid her head on my lap taking in her features

"Are we taking her with us sir?"

"Yes" I replied wondering how she got into this situation.

 Nova's POV

"You like that" he hissed under his breath.
"NO stop!!" I screamed "please stop it hurts!! STOP STOP!!"

My eyes flew open as I was breathing heavily drenched in sweat. I winced at the pain I felt around my stomach and hands as I removed the dové on top of me to see bandages wrapped arounds my wounds

Then realization hit me where am i, I looked around the room, it was spacious and dark but was lit up a bit from the light shining through the curtains.

I jumped back when I saw a person sitting on the drawer next to the bed but he didn't react to my movement, I wanted to speak but my words were mixed up in my head.

I was in awe from his features and it was just his side view. I didn't know I was staring for that long until he spoke.

"are you done?" he asked turning his gaze to mine "s-sorry" I mumbled looking away.

After a moment of silence I asked "who are you?"

"The guy who saved your life, care to tell me why I found you bleeding out on a side walk"

My mind flashed back to yesterday, I guessed hard as shivers consumed me, I don't want to get anyone involved in this let alone a stranger "I rather not" I whispered the words trying not to show the fright I still felt.

 He rose an eyebrow as if he was surprised by my reply but didn't question it

"Thank you for saving my life" I smiled at him "sure" he said non-chalantly. It was getting awkward for me as none of us said a word until my stomach growled.

"Hungry?" He asked "very" I mumbled rubbing my tummy in a circular motion.

"can you stand?" I attempted but the pain around my stomach make it hard to walk, he gave me his arm for support and I thanked him as he led me out of the room, being this close to him his intoxicating scent filled my nose, it was strong and addictive with a bittersweet nature you can never get tired of smelling.

The hallway was huge, empty and dark but you could still see where you're going. The house was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, it felt abandoned.

We got downstairs and I was surprised to see that food was already set on the table. I started wondering if he was already planning on feeding me.

'Such a nice man' I thought, but I shouldn't get too comfortable, the fact this place was so quiet and dark irked me.

"Don't you want to inform your family about your situation they-"

"NO!" I cut him short "sorry I mean there's no need for that" again he didn't question my reply he just helped me to sit down.

"Thank you, I really don't know how to repay you"

"don't worry you have nothing I can want". I was taken aback by his statement but decided to ignore it

"Severus" he called and a man maybe in his 60s dressed in a suit appeared

"Yes sir"

"When she's done eating and rested for a while take her back to where ever she came from" he told the man before leaving.

I huffed in annoyance 'wow, so much for nice'. I started eating and looking around at the same time, downstairs wasn't as dark as upstairs was.

The walls were a mixture grey and black and white, there was a fire place and some statues positioned at different sides, The house was beautiful, It really gave this old aesthetic vibe.

The curtains didn't cover the windows so it was clear to see we were in a forest.

I thanked the old man when I was done eating and he took me back to the room I was in to get some rest.

I knew I should have declined and gone home but this was a once in my life time opportunity.

I walked around the room for a while to get used to the pain before getting into bed and dozing off.