chapter 9- mercy

"That can't happen Nova, I'm afraid you're time in this world is up".

My heart stopped, a single tear dropped before more overflowed down my face.

"Please let me go I promise I won't tell a soul" I cried. He chuckled coldly and gripped my neck squeezing it hard.

"You make it sound like you have a choice"

I couldn't breathe, his grip on my neck hardened and for a moment my life flashed before my eyes, looking back I had nothing to live for. I might as well die here. I stopped struggling and closed my eyes accepting fate but he suddenly let go of me.

I fell to the ground breathing heavily. He carried me and in a flash we were in his office.

He looked normal now, he was pacing round the room then suddenly punched the wall leaving a large crack.

"Why didn't you kill me" I mumbled.

"Trust me I'm trying to figure that out myself"

He kept grumbling of how letting me live is gonna bite him in the ass.

The room got quiet, I could barely move my body, I was still in shock of what I just saw.

"What are you?" The words flew out of my mouth before I could even process it.

"Knowing what I am means you're stuck with me forever no going back, can you handle that?" He said looking out the window.

"Are you gonna let me go then, I said I won't tell a soul, even if words gets out people won't believe it" I spoke cautiously.

"That's not gonna happen, people are already spreading rumors of seeing strange creatures"

I felt anger and sadness rise inside me, he won't let me go and the only way out is death. I gripped my head hard craddling myself as it dawned on me that there was no way out.

I heard a knock on the door and severus walked in "sir the bodies have been dispo-" he stopped mid sentence when he saw me.

"Its alright you can speak, she saw it"

That was the first time I saw severus show an emotion "sir I warned you about this" severus scolded.

"I know I'll handle it". I heard severus sigh before he spoke again.

"Ok, the bodies have been disposed off" with that he left the room.

"What are you?" I asked again this time sure of my words.

He stared at me as if making a decision in his head.

"I go by many names monster, devil, vampire, demon, let's just say I'm a being not from your world"

I found that hard to swallow but tried not to show it "who...who were those men you killed" I hesistated to ask.

"They are creatures just like me" I saw him tighten his fist "foolish one at that, they had the audacity to try this".

I gave him a puzzled look "what do you mean?" He scoffed at my question "are you sure you want to know all this, I think death is a more peaceful option than what you want me to tell you"

He might be right death may be a better option than getting involved in all this, its not like I had anything to live for, my life has been hell but thats exactly why I want to live. I want to beat fate, I said to myself I'm gonna live a good life and thats going to happen.

I took a deep breath before I spoke "tell me, I know there's no going back" for a second he looked relieved with my reply.

"Okay, my name is Hunter Xavier Van Heist, just like me there are others in this world but you humans aren't aware of it because we look the same as you and live normal lives as you. Those who try to cause problems by revealing themselves, going rogue or attacking humans pays the price with their lives. I'm the overseer of that, that's why we have never gone on the news before but lately there have been more cases and thats because of my brother" he gritted the last part.

"You're brother?" I asked with more confusion than I planned to.

"Yes, I have two brothers and one of them wants to rule your world" he talked so casually while I could barely grasp what he was saying.

"That's why we have more cases, they are doing this to show their support for my brother and some of them were foolish enough to try and attack me, looks like I'm going back sooner than I thought" he murmured the last part but I heard him. I looked at him expecting an explanation.

"I'm you humans only hope of survival, I'm going back to my world to take the throne".

Everything he just said didn't make any sense, I found it hard to believe even after seeing what I saw but I had to ask the question that has been on my mind.

"What are going to do with me?"

He stayed silent looking for an answer but couldn't find one.
"Honestly I don't know I'll think of something if I can't" he took his hand to his neck and made a snapping movement.

He saw the fear in my eyes and within seconds he was infront of me "relax can't you take a joke" he smirked. A joke, is he serious "that wasn't funny".

He didn't reply but instead carried me and made his way to his bedroom
'not again'.

We got to his room and he threw me on his bed "get some rest" He said closing the door.

"In here?" I asked in a high pitched voice.

"I don't trust you, you might wonder off in the night" he began removing his shirt and I quickly looked away.

He noticed my movement and chuckled "you can look if you want sooner or later you'll see more of it". The sounds of his clothes dropping tempted me to look but I didn't, I stayed strong.

He changed into a black sweat pants, no shirt and hopped in bed.

I had so many questions going through my mind, I made it my mission to ask all of them.

"What about mr severus and vicky?"

"They aren't humans as well" he answered quickly.

"What- save your questions for tomorrow I'm tired" He said closing his eyes.

*_*_*_*

Please vote and comment🥺