chapter 4- escape

Nova's POV

I woke up and saw it was already 12am

'Shit'

I barricadded my door with my bed and started packing as fast as I could. I paused when I heard footsteps approaching my room.

"You know you've been looking really pretty these days" I heard father's voice say "ready for your punishment?"

I hastened up my packing when he started budging at the door. I opened my window and threw down my bag and was about to jump out but a hand grabbed me, pulling me to the ground

"Where do you think you're going"

"Let me go!" I screamed as I struggled against his grip "trying to run away again, you've made your punishment much worse" he gritted as he attempted to remove my shirt.

He pushed me against the wall using one hand to hold my wrist and the other to squeeze my ass.

I spat at his face and bit his lip hard giving me room to grab my bed lamp and smash it on his head.

He fumbled backwards with blood dripping from his forehead.

"what have you done" I turned around to see mother's shocked face, without thinking twice I jumped out the window, picked up my bag and ran.

The street light made it easier to see where I was headed. When I felt I had gotten a good distance away from the house I took a breather.

I was about to start running again when I saw those group of guys from the other day "fuck"

"Hey its that girl" one of them shouted. I began running in the opposite direction this time the were all chasing me.

I sprinted as fast as I could but they were catching up to me, I ran to the middle of the road where a car almost hit me but stopped.

The car looked familiar could it be, my thoughts were confirmed when I saw him come out. I immediately ran to his back and hid there "help me" I mumbled when those goons showed up.

"There you are you little shit". He turned his head to look at me as if contemplating whether to get involved or not.

"please help me don't leave me with this men" I begged

"I don't think you want to get involved in this just give us the girl and no one gets hurt well except her" one of them said slowly bringing out a knife.

He stayed silent for a moment before sighing "get in the car".

I quickly got in and saw the old man, I greeted him in a low voice as I felt a bit embarrassed of the situation.

I couldn't hear or see what was going on outside but a few minutes later he hoped in "let's go" he ordered and the old man drove

"What did you do?"I questioned

"Gave them money" he said adjusting in his seat

"I'm sorry for getting you involved in this" I said after a long silence. He looked at my luggage then me "do you have a place to stay?"

"No" I replied

"Do you have money on you?"

"No"

I heard him sigh making me feel more embarrassed. The car was quiet once more.

I felt like so much of a burden to this man, he has saved my life twice. I'm sure he's thinking of what to do with me.

I said I'd get a loan and stay in a motel but how long can I stay there and how will I pay back the loan, I can't go back to work cause that'll be one of the places they'll look for me

'Could I live with this man' the thought crossed my mind, I mean I can cook, clean and help out with other stuff, he doesn't even have to pay me.

I have to try. We got to his house and settled down at the fire place, he stared at me waiting for me to start talking.

I told him everything from how my parents died in a car accident when I was 6 to how I ended up in a shabby orphanage, how I got adopted when I was 11 to how my foster parents treated me. I couldn't hold back my tears as I told him how I ended up at the side walk and killed someone and how my foster dad tried to rape me this night before I escaped.

I sat there crying in front of him before he spoke "it was self defense"

I looked up at him "if you hadn't killed him you'd be dead by now, I'm sure they'll think it was a gang fight or something"

Is this his way of trying to comfort me, either way it helped "thank you for saving me again" I mumbled and he nodded in response.

There was a silence between us once more. I need to ask him now.

I slowly went on my knees and clamped my hands together.

"S-sir?"

He looked down at me confused by my actions "what?"

"Sir can I....can I" He frowned at my stuttering and was about to speak before I cut him off.

"Can I live with you?" He rose an eyebrow at me and stayed quiet for a moment before speaking

"And what exactly do you have to offer me in return" he scoffed
"I can cook, cle-"

"I don't want that" he said cutting me off.

"what do you want then?" he chuckled at my question "you don't exactly fit into that caliber". I didn't understand what he meant by that.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Nineteen"

he walked towards me and bent down and cupping my chin in his hand. He stared at me like he was examining my body.

"Something as fragile as you can't possibly handle it" he whispered. I squeezed my thighs together feeling a sensation i didn't quite understand.

"Handle what?" I asked.

"being my property, play thing" he said with a smirk revealing sharp canines.

Be someone property and live or try to survive on my own facing a high chance of death, the decision was clear to me

"Yes" I replied

"yes what"

"yes I'll be your property" whatever that meant

"What's your name" he finally asked "nova"

"Well nova" he pushed my hair away from my face and stared me dead in the eye.

"there's no going back now".