Chapter 26: Rodenius Never at Peace

Author here: I have uni and I expect my workload to increase a lot. Sorry in advance for any slow updates.

https://discord.gg/x4GDS8HsU3

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Central Calendar May 20th, 1640

Paradis Palace, Esthirant, Empire of Parpaldia

"'...Our troops move out in a few days,'" Arde reported. He was reporting the mobilization of troops to aid the people of Topa in the defense of Topan lands to Emperor Ludius and Empress Remille. In total, 30 thousand men will be sent north to handle whatever incursions they are facing.

"Is that all?" Emperor Ludius asked.

"'Yes, your imperial majesty,'" Arde said.

"Very well, you are dismissed,"Emperor Ludius said, waving his hand, signaling Arde to leave.

After Arde left the room, Emperor Ludius turned to Remille, and finally said: "I'm surprised that the assassin didn't have a back up means of killing you. She got that close, might as well just use a kitchen knife then."

""To be honest, I have no idea why either. Perhaps she wasn't really mentally prepared to do so. Maybe she would've just scuppered away while I died of the poison. I don't know,"" Remille said.

"You're a lucky woman, Remille. Surprised that the socialists sent such an incompetent person to kill you," Ludius said.

""Perhaps it is the will of the gods that I live to see another day,"" Remille said.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Castle Hark South Gate, Jin-Hark, State of Louria, United States of America

Late at night, a man dressed in a mix of a standard Lourian helmet and American Combat Armor stood outside the walls of the castle. He demanded to see the chancellor. The guards had tried to ignore him, but the man stood there anyway.

"What the fuck do you want?" One of the guards approached him and asked.

"'Here is a list of demands for the Chancellor. I expect you to deliver it to him for me,'" the man said, trying to hand him a piece of paper.

The guard laughed. "How do you think you are? How about you scupper off and go back to drinking whatever booze you're having or something?" the guard asked.

"'I insist that you give this to the chancellor,'" the man said.

"Well, new flash old man, the chancellor does not just receive documents from anyone like this, especially not a delusional, potentially drunk man like you,'" the guard said. "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do to help with that."

"'Very well, that's a pity,'' the man said, walking away.

The guard returns to his post. The other guard at the post asked: ""What was that all about?""

"To Dainthar's Realm if I know. That guy was weird," the guard said. "Wanting to send demands to the chancellor."

""Don't you think that could be important?"" his mate asked. ""Especially since he came in so late at night with a list of demands?""

"Can't help him. Even if we did, the chancellor won't listen, and we would lose our heads, I suggest that you avoid bringing this up again," the guard said.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Not too far from the South Gate of the Castle, Outside Jin-Hark, State of Louria, United States of America