thirty four | getaway

Start from the beginning

"I'm not hiding nothing. Why do I have to be sneaking off with somebody? Why can't I just be going on a trip or something, aht!" Stevie snatched up her phone when it buzzed before Ari could.

"Cause I wanna match a face to that strong, husky, healthy ass voice we heard this morning, and I know he's fine, cause he had ya' ass giggling in the background like a  kid, and, and he had yo' ass up in your dramatic house wife robe this morning, cooking breakfast. You don't cook, Stevie! Let alone fuckin' breakfast, get real mama," Ari nagged as he eyed her grinning face.

Stevie peeked at her phone screen to read her message.

Pressure 😩

Downstairs, gorgeous. Buzz me in.

Stevie locked her phone screen and slipped her phone in her pocket. Zipping up her jacket, she grabbed her bag slipping it on her shoulder. "When I'm ready for you guys to know who I'm dealing with? You'll know, duh, but until then? Yall gone mind yall business, now, pressure, pressure has arrived, and ya' girl is leaving, I love you both, i'll see you guys in two days," Stevie walked over towards her bedroom door to walk out.

Ari and Cassidy looked at one another before they burst out laughing. "She not talking to us, like, cause, girl, what?" Ari laughed as he stood up from the bed moving to follow behind her. "What's his fuckin' name, Stevie?" He snooped.

"I knew you wouldn't listen. That's why I'm going to do what I have to do!" Stevie slammed her door shut locking it from the outside.

The handle twisted wildly as Ari knocked from inside her bedroom.
"Stevie!" He yelled laughing as he beat on the door.

Announcing loud enough for him to hear. "I'll call Myles in about twenty minutes to come let you guys out, bye!" With that she sashayed freely down the hallway to her front door.

Dragging the door closed behind herself, she began to stroll down the hallway, when she saw Tremaine had made it inside, and was helping Valerie with some grocery bags. 

Tremaine looked up to see Stevie a few doors down. Shrugging, he smiled at her. As Valerie stood unlocking her apartment door. "Thanks again, Mr. Maverick you didn't have to, but I really appreciate it, and it's really nice of you coming to check up on me, oh and thanks for clearing my registry, my boyfriend and I can't thank you enough, it meant theA world to us," She smiled as she reached to take the bags from his hands.

Tremaine smiled at her. "Nah it was no problem, Valerie. And you don't have to call me Mr. Maverick, Tremaine is just fine, and you sure you got it?" He asked hesitant to hand over the bags.

"Yeah, of course, it's only a couple steps to the kitchen, I promise," She chuckled taking the bags from him.

"Hey, Ms. Calhoun, you live in this building?" Tremaine flashed a coy grin at her as she approached Valerie's door.

Laughing she adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder. "Yeah... I do, I thought I told you that at my interview? Valerie's the one who suggested her job to me,"

"Hi, gorgeous," Valerie looked over at Stevie.

"Hi mama bear, how's it going? How's the baby?" Stevie averted her attention over to her neighbor.