Friends, Family, and Futures?

Aizawa POV
I sat on the couch watching the scene play out in front of me. On the floor were two nekos, a blond with exploding hands, and a shy purple imitation of myself. They were playing with the cats and every so often, Katsuki would be able to distract Izuku with some of the cat toys. Granted it was adorable, but there were two extra beings that I didn't sign up to watch over.

Sitting on the couch, I sipped my coffee and grumbled to myself about my predicament. And as if it couldn't get any louder, the person who did sign up to watch the two extra beings walked in, all smiles and laughs. Unfortunately, I had married this hooligan and that meant what he signed up for, I was technically signed up for as well.

Zashi came and sat down next to me, placing a plate of food on the coffee table for lunch. The kids all grabbed a bit to eat and sat in a circle, chatting. I leaned back, closed my eyes, and let out a sigh. I was tired but comfortable. The atmosphere of the room was very domestic, something that if I was asked about 10 years ago, I would have never seen myself living in this type of space. It was nice.

I hadn't noticed Zashi leaning back next to me and only took notice when he laid his head on my shoulder. "How you doing Zashi?" He hummed in response before answering, "I'm good. It's nice isn't it? All of this?" I nodded my head in agreement. "To think that we only got these little listeners 5 months ago. Remember how scared and untrusting they were. They really have made a lot of progress." I smiled softly looking at our little nekos.

"That because they have a friendly and playful guardian. They got to learn how to be kids." Zashi chuckled, "And they have a protective and calming presence as their other guardian." I hummed back at him. I never thought I would be cut out to raise a child. I had my own share of trauma, same with Zashi, and the two of us had never really brought up the idea of having kids, biologically or adopted. It was just never an option we considered.

But now, we have two little boys that have gone through hell and back. We've already adopted Izuku, simply to protect him from being taken by All Might, but we haven't really discussed what that meant for him. Also, we still have yet to adopt Shoto. We had gotten a call from Nezu that he had talked to Enji about us adopting Shoto, and he wasn't very happy at the prospect. It was understandable, however, I mean I'm sure he was hoping that eventually, Shoto would adapt and get comfortable with the Todoroki family again.

Enji never gave Nezu a response other than that he would think about it and talk to his family about it. While Zashi and I would like to have a chance of adopting Shoto, it would ultimately come down to Enji's permission. However, Nezu said it was likely that the number 2 hero would eventually give his permission. That is because he wouldn't want to separate the nekos, seeing as they are dependent on each other, and we have already adopted Izuku.

But that is a worry for later, for now, we have both nekos and are living happily as 4. We went silent, still cuddling, as we watched Izuku catalog Katsuki and Hitoshi's quirks in his notebook. There were not a lot of words written since he was still learning, but there were pictures of each kid with indications of where their respective quirk worked. They were chatting about future plans and future playdate activities.

Katsuki was still excited for the two nekos to join him and Hitoshi at their school next year. He also wouldn't shut up about how when they all got older, they'd make a hero agency together and all be top 5 heroes. The kid called dibs on the number 1 spot, which Zashi found a little funny. I decided to butt into their conversation. "If you want that spot your gonna have to train really hard you know. They don't give that spot to just anyone."

The blond looked at me with wide eyes. Then he smirked and pointed at me, "Just you watch Mr. Aizawa, I'll train everyday and become super strong. I'll protect all the extras and defeat all the villains. And I'll climb the ladder of heroes with Sho, Izu, and Hito by my side!" I smirked back at him, "Can't wait to see it, hero." The kid got red in the face and sat back down urging the other to start coming up with hero names and costumes.

It hasn't been that long since we found the nekos, but it would be a long time till we let them go. They have gone through a lot but they stayed strong and fought their battles. There was still a long way to go, and there would no doubt be quite a few hardships and trials along the way. But, the nekos would face them together and Zashi and I would always stand behind them. They weren't alone anymore.

-----------

Elsewhere

Third POV

Hisashi Midoriya, also known as All for One, walked down a barely lit hallway. By his side was Tomura Shigiraki, his adopted son. The two walked down the hall silently and in stride with one another. They were off to the Doctors laboratory, hoping that their efforts of creation had made efficient progress. Tomura has learned a little bit more about Izuku in the past couple of months. He has learned what he looks like; an innocent cinnamon role that could easily get corrupted by heroes. He has learned what Izuku went through during his time in custody of the traitorous scientists; who he vowed if he ever saw any of them, he'd strike them down. He even learned about a small portion of the plan to get Izuku back.

Because Hisashi was injured, it was planned that Tomura would be the one to take Izuku back in the end and reunite him with the rest of his family, his real family. Certain details, Hisashi said the younger was still not ready to be informed of. But today was another detail that was key to the plan. And Tomura was excited to be told how he'd be getting his brother back.

Arriving at a door, Hisashi opened it and was met with the sight of a short old man in goggles. "Doctor," Hisashi called out, informing the old man of his presence. "Ah, master. Are you here to see the development on project NOMU?" "I am, and I brought Tomura today as well." The scientist finally looked down at the boy and his eyes brightened, "Ah the master and the successor. Lovely to have you in today Tomura, we shall be working closely with one another in the future."

Tomura didn't say anything but he nodded his head in acknowledgment. "Anyway, we didn't come here to discuss my successor." Hisashi stated. The Doctor nodded, getting down from his stool. He brought the two over to a large tank filled with water. Within the water was a small submerged creature. It was quite an ugly creature but it also didn't look alive. "So how is the progress?" The doctor sighed, "Unfortunately, it is slow going. While there has been a few good spurts of progress, I can't see a decent development being completed for at least a couple of years."

Hisashi glared at the tank before him. "I understand Doctor, keep up the work and inform me of any more progress. We must have this project fully functional for Tomura's use." The Doctor bowed and went back to his research, leaving the other two at the tank. Tomura looked up at Hisashi, "What is it Sensei?" Hisashi looked at Tomura, "First of all please I told you to call me Dad, you are my son as much as Izuku is." Tomura looked down and nodded.

Hisashi turned and began walking out of the laboratory, "Second, that thing is called NOMU. It is a project to create a controllable, brainless sentient with multiple quirks. It is also to be a tool for you to use in your endeavor to return Izuku home."

-----------

The End