Izuku & Shoto

Nezu POV

I was sitting at my desk looking at two files that I had gained a week ago. The files were from the raid that turned into a rescue. I had already gone through the other files, saving the two of the rescued boys for last. Both folders were marked 'Progress' and were each filled with documents of tests and timelines of the two boys that were found in the lab. First, I opened the thicker of the two; its' front page containing the basic medical info that was given to the hospital along with the name 'Izuku Midoriya.'

From what I can deduct from the file Izuku has been in captivity for basically his whole life. I felt bad for the poor boy because he couldn't grow up with friends, in the sun, with family, having fun, and experiencing basic life. When Izuku had been taken, there had been 34 subjects to have died and 23 still alive, ages ranging from 5 to 15. Izuku had been the youngest subject to have been taken so far.

I glared at the papers as I read through the list of experiments that the scientists put the poor boy through. Experiments ranged from simple blood extractions to multiple chemical injections. I was flipping through page after page of experiment documentation when a certain page title caught my eye: 'Quirk Transplant'.

I was confused because quirks were a biological phenomenon that has been part of the world for the last 20 or 30 years. So how was it possible to- ... wait a villain that All Might that told him about a few years ago had a quirk that could take and give quirks. Was he related to this in some way? If he is then this case is much larger than previously suspected.

Shoto on the other hand was a whole other can of worms. When he disappeared it was a very large media case. Shoto being the youngest of the Todoroki children and the #2 Pro Hero, already held a media presence since he was born. The media was in chaos when Shoto disappeared especially when Rei Todoroki went crazy and was admitted.

But there was a good thing that came with Shoto both being known before his capture and disappearing long after being born, unlike Izuku; we held a connection to a parent and we already had background info on the boy, which made the work of identifying and helping the boy easier.

Shoto seemed to have been one of the last subjects to have been taken. It stumped me as to why the slow flow of subjects stopped a couple of years after Shoto had been taken. That was the one part of the mystery of the two boys that I couldn't figure out. When the subject stopped coming in the number of subjects in captivity started to die off quicker. But why?

The was a folder labeled 'Sun and Moon' which, from what I was told by Aizawa, is related to Izuku and Shoto as that is what the two called each other; specifically, Izuku being Sun and Shoto, Moon. The folder was deeply coded so I saved it as a task for another day. Right now I had two neko's to visit.

Time Skip

I was walking down the hall of the hospital, on my way to the room of two nekos. As I got closer to the room I heard yelling coming from what sounded like two 10-year-olds. "Well, I guess they finally woke up," I mused to myself.  As I was opening the door I heard one of them ask "Who are you?!" I stepped into the room with a wide smile, "We are heroes, my little nekos! My name is Nezu and the grouch in black is Shota Aizawa, or pro hero Eraserhead."

The two boys turned their focus towards me when I spoke. Their eyes widened as they took in my appearance. The one who I deducted to be Izuku, sitting behind Shoto, was shaking in nerves; but, when he saw me his eyes took on a curious gleam. It was as if he wanted to get up and questioning me but was fearful of doing so. Shoto, while he was curious, held his protective stance in front of Izuku.

"You li-like us?" Izuku asked curiously, but once the words left his mouth his feature took on a fearful tone. He began to hyperventilate and shake even more than before. "I-I'm s-so-sorry! I-I n-no spe-speak! Pl-please, n-no h-hurt!" Izuku gasped out in his panic. Shoto growled at the nurses as they tried to step up to help the frightened boy, before turning to the boy and hugging him. Eventually calming him into a tense sleep.

Shoto laid Izuku in the bed and sat beside him.  Once he was confident that Izuku wouldn't wake, he turned back toward us. "Sir's Maam's, please don't hurt him. I will take whatever the punishment is for him asking a question." He said bowing his head down in submission. "We won't hurt either of you" Shoto spoke up with an undertone of shock at what just happened.

Shoto looked up at Aizawa in confusion, "Then why are you here? What do you want with us?"

---------- 891 words