Heartache

The carraige ride was deathly silent as they rode through the forest. Rei sat across from Katsuki who stared out the window solemnly. His eyes were drained, devoid of color. By the streaks in his face, she knew that he cried. She heard him as well, constantly he cursed you for lying to him. Not that you did, you didn't know about the spell until you had a hold of your mother's black spell book.

Yet that didn't matter, the damage was done. You were gone, he was here. And Katsuki hated it. He hated it so much, after everything thrown at him. The curse, the fear of dragging those close to him down. Things began to look bright, the moment he opened his eyes, it became dark again.

"This is some bullshit." He muttered quietly as Rei looked up at him. "Why didn't you stop her?"

"I had no idea that she would find that spell. Even less did I think that she would actually go through with it. I didn't tell her because I didn't want to risk her getting any ideas."

"Well you fucking failed." He said harsh and low.

She looked down again and gripped her hands together. "I'm sorry."

"I should've just listened to that idiot." He said in a quiet voice as he began to break. "She told me not to leave cuz of that presence."

"There's no point in blaming yourself now that she's gone." Rei told him as she saw the palace come into view. "For right now, try and find out why your subjects killed her."

Katsuki glared out the window as Eijirou pulled the carraige up to the palace entrance. He exited the carraige and walked up the stairs. Upon opening the doors Izuku looked at him with a grin.

"Kacchan-"

"Shut up Deku." Katsuki said as he stormed further into the palace and up the stairs.

The rest of the staff came in and watched him leave with confusion.

"Hey man whats wrong with him," Denki asked Eijirou before he looked around. "where's Y/N?"

~~~~~~~

Katsuki stood in the empty room glaring at the wilted rose in the glass case. He removed the glass and picked up the plant. "This is all your fault. You fucking bitch!" He threw the case and it shattered against the wall. Katsuki dropped the rose and stepped on it.

There was so much rage yet there was no way he could release it to calm him pain. Suddenly the door opened and Tsunagu walked in. He approached Katsuki from behind and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry."

Tsunagu looked up at Katsuki and watched the silent tears that rolled down his face. "Sorry won't bring her back." He said in a shaking breath. "She promised me that she wouldn't die."

Tsunagu breathed in quietly to contain his own grief. "Right now you have to go down to the city."

"Why?"

"I have been watching you and Y/N, that night when you kissed her forehead. It's died down now, but, the confession you made that night coupled with the kiss acted as a proposal among the royalty a long time ago. She accepted it by kissing your own head the day you left. So in turn, she was, if you wish to look at it that way, your fiancé. Evidently you have the grounds to persecute anyone involved with her death for treason against the crown."

Katsuki looked back at him with his tear stained eyes before drying his face. "Tell those idiots, to get the Grand Coach ready."

~~~~~~~

"Make way! His majesty is coming!" A man yelled as they watched lavish carraige ride through their roads. Each side two horses rode around it with their riders. Izuku rode his horse on the right of the carraige he turned slightly to look at Katsuki. His face remained unchanged and dark.