First Snow

Your mind was a blizzard. Make a king who seemed to reject any form of affection fall in love with you? Please, you'd rather revive your parents from the dead. It involved something you knew about inside out, and there could be a chance. But it goes against nature's laws.

Looking around the castle you looked outside, and your eyes widened like a child looking into a candy store. It was snowing. It rarely snowed in the city because of the spell the people made your mother cast before you were born. Before even your parents knew one another.

Suddenly the memory revealed itself, the years as a child your mother would always take you and your friends where it snowed. You remembered the way that soft white blanket stretched for miles. It glittered like jewels and it was so soft despite the frost bite it gave poor 6 year old Momo.

Good thing she didn't lose a toe that day. You joked to yourself.

With somewhat of a spring in your slow steps you left the window and walked into the one of the corridors. With a destination in mind you wandered the halls till a roaring heat entered your skin. You walked towards the slightly open door to see Katsuki's mentor as a stove, Tsunagu Hakamada stirring away in the kitchen. You knocked softly on the door catching the man's attention.

"Ah bonjour mon cherei," he said as the other workers as plates, cups, utensils, cabinets and such looked towards you. "meet my men, they work with me in the kitchen. I see you're on your feet."

You nodded as you floated your book to him and he read the text. Do you know where there are fabrics here?

"Ah yes I do, Michio, please show our guest to the Hatsume's place."

"Sure things boss." Said a coat rack, the rack rolled towards you. "Follow me."

As Michio rolled out the room you followed slowly taking the book with you. The two of you walked for a bit and you noticed a change in scenery. As you ventured further in the hall you heard the wiring and clanking of machinery.

"That's Hatsume's work in case you're wondering." The rack explained the noise.

You nodded as he stopped in front of a door and knocked one of his handles on it.

"Coming!" Yelled a female on the other side.

Even louder clattering and and banging was heard, till a loud crash sounded. You looked at the door perplexed till a woman opened the door. At least you thought she was. Her limbs were metallic, and her joints were held together by small rods, and you could see inside the spaces were gears and cogs. Her pupils expanded and shrunk as she examined you curiously.

"Hi Michio," she greeted the male returning her focus to you. "hello, you're the woman Katsuki saved right?" You nodded as she grabbed your hand to shake but as you winced from the pain she quickly let go. "Oh! I'm really sorry. But I heard from Izuku that you're a witch and I wanted so badly to study magic with machinery but never got the chance." Hatsume got next to you and calmly led you inside but not hiding her excitement. "You see I want to be able to get machines to possess some sort of magical essence. I think that if I'm able to get them to hold it that we can enforce objects like swords, silverware, even clothing with magic. What do you think?"

You stood there astounded by her excitement with such a topic. After a few seconds of silence she suddenly gasped and hit her head as if ashamed.

"I completely forgot you can't talk. And I've been rambling you probably didn't understand a thing I said."

You waved your hand to get her attention before shaking your head no. Taking out you book, you opened it to her.

No I understand you, and your idea is completely valid.