The Greatest Mage

Touya sat against the door and stared up at the fleshy ceiling. Of all the ways he could die. He would've rather been killed by a chicken than stay here forever. The male glanced at his brother who looked off into the distance. As he stared at him it was then he recalled that he got off easy. Touya was a soldier during a time when they were peaceful. Simple border defenses, noble escorts, little things. Yet the man before him, his younger brother. He had witnessed things that would make anyone crumble. To think he came home with a beaming smile, hoping to escape. Only to be disappointed.

The elder felt ashamed for he could not reciprocate his sorrow. Nor did he know any way to ease it. Some elder he was.

~~~~~~~

"Natsuo." Momo asked. "Who did you meet?"

"Not here," he warned. "Dad you have to carry mom. We need to get out of here and go home."

"What about Shoto and Touya?" Fuyumi asked worried.

"They'll get them but we need to go." Natsuo said as Enji stood up and carried his wife.

"Let us leave, we've been in this forsaken house long enough." Enji said carrying Rei out of the room with the rest following. As they went down the hall Kikyo walked down and faced them with a sinister grin.

"Leaving so soon? The festivities just started." She said with an evil smile.

"We don't have time for your games Kikyo." Fuyumi said as a mystical frost surrounded her hands.

The woman smiled as her eyes turned black. "But they'll be fun and you're the perfect players." She said creepily before being hit in the back of her head by a black whip.

As the rope disintegrated and Kikyo fell to the ground unconscious. Behind her stood another woman with black shadows around her hands as she put them down and smiled kindly.

"Everyone alright?" She asked.

"Um," Momo started. "yes. I'm sorry who are you."

"Morganna Pendragon." She said kindly. "I'm here to help you all get out of here."

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Shoto looked up from his brooding and looked at Touya who sat there picking his nails.

"You're not gonna try and open the door anymore?" He asked as Touya glanced up and shook his head.

"Nah, I'm tired now." Touya brought up his right hand and flexed the tight and sensitive muscle. "Nearly burned off my palm doing all of that."

"My fire wouldn't be as useful since yours is hotter." Shoto responded.

As Touya nodded the door rattled suddenly and glowed. Touya moved away from it as it started to pulse.

"GET DOWN!" Touya yelled as he got on top of Shoto shielding him from the exploding door.