Something Lovely

"Well the Elders are gonna be on your ass now." You said jokingly as you and Katsuki walked through the estate.

"Ah shit." He muttered as he looked off in thought. "Yeah. But they were more concerned about me getting married. I don't think I'll worry about that for too long."

You glanced at him seeing a glint in his eyes before you tilted your head at him. "Are you trying to propose to me?"

Katsuki shrugged before stopping his walk, as did you. "Well, I do at some point but, I want us to start off normally."

You nodded at his explanation and gave him a smile and taking his hand. "I'd like that."

"Okay then." Katsuki said with a smirk of his own as you kept walking. "There isn't shit to do here. Wanna go to town?"

"Um." You paused as you finally recalled the dark presence you felt in the garden. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Well you know I'm witch or sorceress, I still don't know, but I felt something I didn't like when I went to walk outside while waiting for you."

"You felt something you didn't like?" Katsuki asked stopping your stride and looking at you confused. "Something like what?"

"Some kind of bad magic, I don't know. It wasn't there when we came yesterday. But it's here now, and it doesn't feel right."

Katsuki looked out one of the windows then down in thought. He took his hand away from yours and crossed his arms. "Did you ask Shitty Hair about it? He can sense that shit too can't he?"

"Yeah Eijirou can, but I don't want him to go and investigate it. If it is as bad as I think it is, he'll get hurt."

"Then let's go ask his mom, she's the most talented fucker around right?"

"Oh yes she is. Lord I was so concerned about you I forgot." You said before laughing and the two of you walked in a different direction.

Katsuki eyed your laughter fondly, to think that you were so concerned you forgot about the possible danger outside the estate. Call him selfish, he was enjoying the attention from you. The two of you walked for some time as Katsuki retraced his steps to the room he was turned back in.

You knocked the door. "Come in." Rei said from the other side as you opened the door. She stood by a window flipping through a tome. "You came about the presence outside."

"Um," you sounded at her knowledge of your concern. "yes, you wouldn't happen to know what it is? Do you?"

"No," she said shaking her head and looking outside. "I've never sensed this before. It came with you."

"I promise you I-"

"Don't worry," she raised her hand interrupting you. "I know it isn't you, something followed you here with malicious intent. But I can't quite discern what is causing it. For right now, don't leave the estate, under any circumstances."

You glanced at Katsuki who nodded softly. "Okay then, thank you Rei."

"Of course my dear." At that the two of you left her room.

"Alright then I guess we're stuck here for a while." You said Katsuki as he sucked his teeth.

"Yeah, you hungry?" He asked you.

Suddenly you recalled that you haven't eaten in a long time. "I am yeah."

"I saw the kitchen when I followed her earlier. Come on." He took your hand and lead you through the halls.