The woman crumbled before his eyes, Shoto could do nothing but watch her cry as he stared in disbelief. It didn't make sense. You couldn't love him this much. So much as to die with him?

"She told me to find a different maid of honor. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER?! WHY DOES SHE LOVE HIM LIKE THIS?!" She screamed out, almost angry at the king. Angry at whatever charms he had that captivated you. Furious at the hold he had on your heart, to the point where you would stop it for his sake.

Shoto stared at the crowd that wanted to see you die. He glared at them, he felt his hand become hot and cold. The male stood up and walked towards the crowd before someone grabbed him. Touya held him firm as the young man shook in his hold. Shoto could feel the energy in his fingertips and he shook with rage.

"Doing that won't change anything." Touya told him. "Y/N won't let us help her. I don't want her to die either. But . . . she isn't giving us a say in the matter."

Shoto began to calm, melting into a vessel of sorrow and misery. His eyes burned like fire as he fell to the ground. Touya kept him in his arms as he wailed.

~~~~~~~

You were numb, devoid of feeling as the gaurds walked up the stairs. It surprised the gaurds in all honesty, normally they would have to deal with people fighting back or running away. You didn't protest, you didn't fight back. The one on your right looked down at the blank stare in your eyes.

To him you appeared content, almost like you were ready to die. Why? You were an intelligent woman, you had a good life. But he didn't know what you've seen. What you've felt. They brought you up and out of the courthouse. People began to yell at you, spewing curses and such.

There was such hatred, they heard about their king. They turned the blame to you. You were the assailant, you killed their king. It was all your fault. In a sense you agreed, maybe if you didn't leave that day. He never would have found you, Katsuki would've been better off not knowing you. If he didn't know you, he would still live. Maybe if you were stronger, maybe if you were more likable.

Maybe if you were never born.

You were brought up to the podium where the pile stood. Sticks were piled around your legs as you stood tied to the stake. You waited patiently as the people continued to shower you with their worst curses. Looking around you didn't see any of your loved ones.

Good. They didn't need to see this.

"For the crime of murdering an elder, contributing to an attack on the crown, and using unlawful magic on a noble. Y/N Yagi is to be put to death through hellfire." Said the priest reading through his scroll as you nodded. "Do you have any final repentance witch?"

You looked at the male as everyone stared at you, waiting. "None of you ever liked anything I've said since I was child. You won't care for what I have to say now. Just get this over with."

His eyes widened slightly surprised by your behavior. That shock was over shadowed as he signaled the executioner who held the torch. The cloaked man walked up and set the stick on fire.

People cheered as they watched the flames spread and begin to consume you. As they celebrated your demise you watched the flames dance around. You didn't seem to mind that the smoke was filling your lungs. You didn't mind that your skin was burning off. You didn't mind the smell of your flesh seep into your nostrils. With the last of your consciousness, your head went slack. As the warmth of the hellfire enveloped you, you prayed.

I'm sorry, but if someone should live, let it be you.

~~~~~~~

Eijirou sat next to Katsuki's bed. It's been 5 days since you left. He could do nothing but pray that Katsuki would be okay. He prayed that you would find some miracle to save him. The door opened and he looked up to see his mother walk in.

"Nothing changed I see." Rei said as she touched his head. "You poor thing. I have no idea what Y/N plan o-"

Suddenly she stopped and froze. A feeling of dread washed over as her eyes rolled back. She saw flames, pitchforks, and hatred. Your face flashed before her mind as she came back.

Eijirou stared in confusion at the look of horror on his mother's face. "Mom? Mom, what's wrong?" Before she could answer Eijirou looked down at Katsuki. The black veins in his neck disappeared. His eyes widened as Katsuki began to turn in his sleep. "Katsuki? Katsuki! Hey! Hey!"

He began to smile at the sight as Rei backed away as she watched Katsuki wake with horror in her eyes. Eijirou helped him sit up and grinned at him as Katsuki looked around tiredly.

"Shit," Katsuki said with a groggy voice. "I swear to god that was horrible."

"At least you're alive, that means Y/N found something." Eijirou said with joy as Rei covered her mouth.

Eijirou looked back at his mother and his brows furrowed at the look on her face. "Mom? What's wrong?"

"No. No no no no! She didn't, how!?"

"What is it? Y/N found something, after you said there wasn't anything."

"I lied to her! I lied so that she wouldn't use it!" Rei said distressed at the fact.

"Use what?" Katsuki asked. Rei stood there frozen in shock as she held her head and shook her head. "What did she do?"

"Equivalent Exchange." Rei said quietly. "It's a powerful spell, but its only been used once, before now. When one person is close to dying, the magic user who casts it, will kill themselves, or die in anyway. In exchange, the person they intended to bring back, will live."

Katsuki stared at her in silence as she processed her words. He began to turn and stand from the bed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asked standing before her as she stared at the ground in horror. "Are you trying to tell me . . . that her dumbass killed herself? To save . . ."

Rei kept quiet, she didn't respond Eijirou sat on the bed and stared at his mother. "Mom, what did you see?" Katsuki's head turned to him. "When you came in you saw something."

"Fire. She was burning. They . . . they burned her at the stake."

At her words Katsuki stood frozen. "No. No, she she, she promised. That idiot promised me, she promi-"

Suddenly his legs gave out and he fell down. Eijirou reached for him and hugged him, for he had nothing to say. His shock mirrored his own.

"She promised. You promised me. You piece of shit! You promised me dammit!"

**********************************************