Back to square one

I started again. I have my stash of blades under my bed. My mom doesn't know. No one does. It's been a month now. I haven't been going to school. I haven't been talking to Finney or Gwen. I also have been visiting Donna and Robin in the hospital. There's a chance they may survive but the doctors aren't sure yet. Life has been a living hell. My mom recently started drinking and it's scaring me. When she gets angry she will throw glass on the floor and it shatters everywhere. I'm really scared. To be honest there really isn't anything to live for now. Yes I still have Finney and Gwen who is literally like family to me but I'm starting to think they don't care about me anymore. I decide to return to school the next day. But I come late. And of course the period I go into it has Finney in it.

"Welcome back y/n!" The teacher says. " take a seat next to Finney."

Finney is staring at me with a smile on his face. When I sit down he hugs me tightly.

"I thought you left. We all did." He says

"I can't leave you Finney. Or Gwen."

It's weird at lunch. It's only the three of us. Robin would always make me laugh at lunch. And I always had something to gossip to Donna about. I told her everything. I miss them.

"Hey we should go visit Robin and Donna today after school!" Gwen says.

"Sure that sounds nice." I say

"I- I can't." Finney says

I see tears form in his eyes.

"You okay Finney?" I ask

"Yeah I'm fine. Imma use the bathroom." He says

"He's had it really hard since robin and Donna have gone. The day we helped you escape he was gonna ask Donna out."

"You have got to be shitting me. At least he had the guts to." I say

"Yeah I know. I was so proud of him. But now he's been getting bullied really badly since robin is gone."

"Really? Wow I had no idea Finney got bullied."

"Yeah it's because your never here y/n. I missed you."

"I missed you to Gwen. It's just been really hard recently."

"Oh also I hope you know Robin was the one who came up with the idea of saving you. He really missed you."

"Really?"

"Mhm. He loved you y/n."

I see Finney come back to the table. His eyes were all puffy and red.

"Are you okay now Finney?" I ask

"Yeah I just- I don't like talking about it."

It's the end of the school day and me and Gwen meet up outside of the school.

"You ready Gwen?" I ask

"Yeah. I haven't visited them yet. I'm kinda scared."

"It will be fine. Let's just hope nothing has happened."

Since the hospital was close by we were able to walk to it. Since they were on the first floor we checked in and went into the waiting rooms right away. Then I see a doctor come in.

"Hello are you Gwen and y/n?" She asks

"Yeah that's us." Gwen says

"Would you like to hear the news?"

Me and Gwen look at each other worried.

"What happened?" I ask

"Well we have good news and semi news. But one of them has waken up!"

Me and Gwen get super excited.

"It was robin."

Yes! It's felt so bland without him. I'm so happy he's back!

"What about Donna?" Gwen asks.

"We're afraid she will be stuck in a coma for a couple years. She may not even wake up. All we know is she won't be back anytime soon."

Gwen runs out the door. I knew she really only cared about Donna in this situation. There best friends. I sigh and start to get teary eyed.

"Maybe this can cheer you up?" The doctor says. "You can come visit Robin tomorrow! For as long as you want. He has already been requesting to see you."

"He has?" I say while smiling.

"Come back here tomorrow as soon as possible."

I squeal and then remember Gwen ran out. I saw her walk towards the bathrooms so I go check to see if she's in there. I see her on the ground balling. I've never seen her like this.

"Gwen it's all going to be okay I promi-"

"Y/n don't even! You couldn't care even slightly that Donna isn't coming back for what? A year?! You only care about Robin when in reality he told you to fucking kill yourself. Donna has always been there for you y/n. Always! And yet the only thing you care about is that Robin woke up. I get it y/n I would be happy too if my crush woke up but still your best friend might be dead. And you didn't even cry!"

"Gwen I'm sorry but I hate to break it to you but I didn't go to school for a month because of how depressing I thought it would be without Donna. I would cry myself to sleep every single fucking night because I knew Donna might be dead. But I guess you were too busy to notice."

"Well maybe I would have noticed if you actually went to school. I mean really y/n your just way to over dramatic. You missed a whole month of school just to cry in bed all day?! Won't/n just wow."

"Maybe if you never came to Dave me in the first place then Donna would be alive because apparently she should be alive and I should."

"I never fucking said that y/n. Just get out I can't even look at you right now!"

I storm away crying. I was so angry. I did care about Donna! I really did! Maybe I also did care about Robin too much. I mean he did tell me to kill myself. Maybe he was right."