Chapter 8

Elana's pov
"So what do you like to do, Harold?"Scott asked Harold as we walked the kids to school,"I like superheroes."he replied."So does everybody."I pointed out,"No I make up my own."he said."Oh yeah? What kind?"Scott asked,"Ice Flash."he replied."What does he do?"I asked,"He freezes stuff and shoots ice at people."Harold explained,"Well that's not gonna work."Scott said."Why not?"Harold asked,"I could just use a hair dryer and
ruin him."Scott explained."Keep thinking though."he said,"What about you?What do you got?"I asked Kelly."I like to sing."she replied,"You do? Could you sing for us?"Scott asked.Kelly then proceeded to sing "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'" from Oklahoma.

"That shit was dope. High five."Scott said,"She's a good singer."Harold pointed out."I don't agree with the sentiment of the song but it was really great."Scott said,soon we arrived at the middle school."Have a great day at school. I hope
it's not shitty.Give your sister a kiss goodbye."Scott said,"We don't do that."Harold said."Just do it."i said,crossing my arms.Harold awkwardly kissed Kelly on the head."See, wasn't that nice?"I asked,"Now if she dies tomorrow, you'll remember that you kissed her goodbye. Have a good day at school."Scott said.Scott,Kelly, and I walk off,"Why would I die?"Kelly asked."I don't know. You never know what's gonna happen. Think you're immortal?"

We arrived at Kelly's kindergarten class,Scott let go of her hand and let her sit down at a table.a teacher then walked over to us,"Can I help you?"she asked."Hi I'm Ray's friend.I was just dropping her off."Scott said,"You know Ray?"she asked."I know Ray a little bit. He's kind of like banging my mom."Scott replied casually,I sighed."this man is an idiot...but he's my idiot and I love him."I thought,"Did you sign in at the office?"she asked."No I didn't even know you had an office."Scott replied honestly,"Okay um...Kelly? You okay?"she asked Kelly.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"You know you can tell me."

"I'm okay."

"Do you know him?"

"Kind of. He's a new friend."

"Okay."

"Oh I trained her in the car. She's
not going to break."I glared at Scott and hit the side of his stomach with my elbow,he got the message."I'm just kidding. I'm not gonna hurt her.But have a great day."he said,he grabbed my hand.as we were about to leave the teacher stopped us,"Actually could you set up the paints and just wash these brushes?"she asked."No."Scott replied,"he's not so good with paint,and I don't really like the feel of paint."I explained."oh..,Ok well Thank you so much."she said,Scott and I walked out of the classroom."I'm starving,let's get something to eat."I suggested,"alright,I could use a beer anyway."he said.