Chapter 24

This is like four thousand words, so please do enjoy reading!!

-------------------------

The whole time we're in the car, it's quiet. Well, I'm lost with my own thoughts, and also, I don't know what to say either. Thankfully, after some time, we stopped in front of the building. We're here.

I saw from the window that she brought me to the resto where we first ate dinner together. Cate and I walked to the front door, where a woman, who I think was in charge of the reservations, was waiting for us.

Before we get there, I ask Cate, "What name did you use this time?"

She smiled, mischievously "Your name." Before I could even reply to her, She had already interrupted me. "Hi, Good evening. We made a reservation, table for two."

"Under what name is it, Ma'am?"

Cate looks at me, smirking, "Y/n Blanchett."

I almost laughed, but I tried my best not to. I leaned close to Cate's ears and said, "Are you going to propose already?"

She only shrugs.

"Oh, found it. The table and decorations are already set up, Ms. Blanchett. Please, follow me to the rooftop." The lady said as she now walked before us.

Clinging my arm to her, "I'm nervous, what did you plan this time?"

"You'll see."

We walked in the long staircase that will lead to the said rooftop. When we get to the top, two women are waiting at the door. And just like on time, they opened the door slowly, letting me see what was behind it.

I stopped walking, and seeing what she did took my breath away.

Ethereal.

That's the only word that came to my mind as I look at this view.

There are a lot of candle lights and rose petals leading to the end of this rooftop where a table is waiting for us in the middle, there are 5 round bar tables and the balloon are tied in each vase on top of it.

And most especially, the perfect view of New York. A gorgeous view at the night, where you can see every massive building around the city.

I was too busy looking at these that I can't understand anymore when she said something.

"What?" I said, still not taking my eyes out of this sight.

"I said did you like it?" She said holding my hands, making me look at her.

I smiled widely, "Are you kidding me? I love it! You made me speechless, I can't say anything besides perfection."

Cate smiled, looking at me, "Then, shall we go?"

I nodded, "I'm hungry." I said making her chuckle.

Then we started walking, a little bit slow to appreciate everything, like those cliché dates in a movie where there walk slowly for the romantic drama of the scene.

Main character vibes.

"If you look on the ground, I specifically said to them that they should use fake petals on the floor. I know you don't like the real ones because like you said, it makes you think that they're just wasting those roses."

"I noticed, and I love you for that," I said as I look at the floor full of roses.

Continuing, "Actually, we can afford lots of real ones but I don't want you to be anxious thinking about it. And knowing you, you might suggest bringing those home. I can't make you do that."