Chapter 18

After our conversation that day, I wait for her to leave before I literally freak out in my house. The most impossible became possible. Can you believe that? Because I really can't. Although It already happened months ago... I end up avoiding her. Again.

... But of course, I'm so bad at it.

-------------------------

May 8, 3 days after.

Carrying the 2 paper cup handlers that I bought, I'm in a hurry as I walk down the street, trying my best not to bump into someone. I'm heading to the hotel where we are staying, and I need to go there earlier than I should. That's why I need to run as fast as I can without spilling the coffee.

When I got there, I saw Mary in the hallway going out of the room, so I immediately ran to her.

"Mary!" I said, catching her attention, "Is everyone inside?"

confused, "Yes, they are." She looks at me, "Why do you look like someone is chasing you?"

"Nothing," I shake my head, "Don't mind me. But can you please give these coffees to them? I could do it, but I don't want them to bother."

"oh sure, Sweetie. But are you really not coming in? Cate was looking for you a while ago."

I gave her the coffee, "Yeah, I also need to... run some errands. Maybe, later." I said with an apologetic smile. "Oh, and you also have coffee so just get one too."

"Thank you, and you even bought the one I like." she said, chuckling, "I'll give these, then. Thanks, Y/n" She opened the door, and I saw Cate looking at me while someone was fixing her hair. I looked away.

"Thank you!" I said before she closed the door again.

-------------------

Same day

Leaving the hotel we're staying in, there are many fans waiting outside. 4 bodyguards are around Cate, while Hylda and I are behind her.

She waves her hands, saying hi to her fans. she stops for a moment to take a picture and sign some magazines and drawings of her. Then she continued to walk again and finally got inside the car.

As soon as we got in, I immediately saw Cate looking at me, so I looked away.

"Y/n, why are you avoiding me?"

I look at her again with a straight face, "I'm not."

"Well, you can't even look at me."

"I'm looking exactly at you," I said, staring into her eyes.

We end up staring at each other. I'm not going to admit it to Cate.

"Are you two okay?" Hylda suddenly said.

"No," Cate.

"Yes," me.

"Someone is calling you, y/n." Hylda said catching my attention.

I immediately look at my phone, and it's Dashiell.

"Y/n, I have great news!"

"Hi Ms." I think for a name, "... Reyes. Good evening"

Please, I hope Dashiell gets me.

"Oh, you're pretending right now?"

I nodded, "Yes, definitely."

He laughs, "Can she hear me? laugh if she doesn't." He said, teasing me.

I smiled sarcastically. This kid is playing with me.