Chapter 44

Cate's Point of view

The sun was about to rise as I watched Y/n sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and sipping her tea while her mind was lost in the window. It was only hours when we got here after the long flight from Canada. The memory of how she just looked like yesterday never left my head. God, it hurts. I can still hear how she was just shedding tears, how tight she was hugging me, how she desperately asked me to go home. That's what she wants, that's what she needs so I gave it without second thoughts. I canceled my shoot, and everything, and took her home here in New York.

"Do you feel better?" I asked, sitting down beside her and taking her hand gently in mine.

Y/n hummed without taking her eyes off the window, "I do. I'm just... thinking."

I nodded understanding. "Take all the time you need. I'm here for you," I say and try to see her face. I smiled, squeezing her hands a little, "You have me, okay?"

I felt happiness in me when Y/n finally looked and gave me her small little beam, then, she leaned her head on my shoulder and whispered, "I love you."

I kiss her head with a smile, "I love you deeply, with all my heart."

After that, Y/n slept for a while. She needs it so I gave her space to rest, though I didn't leave by her side in case she ever will need me when she woke up. Then, when she did, it was already night.

I was in luck when the food I ordered arrived at the same time she was looking for me upstairs. So, after I paid the delivery guy, I went straight to her bed and brought her the food I bought.

"Hi, just went down to get these," I say as I take out the soup from the paper bag, "We gotta put some food on your tummy."

"Ugh, I'm sorry," She apologized and slowly sat up against the wall, "How long I was asleep?"

"Long enough to get you some rest,"I say and opened the lid that caused to smell the soup all over the room, "Don't worry about it."

"And you?" She whispered, "Did you get any sleep too? I think you've been awake since yesterday..."

I smiled hidden. And she is still concerned about me. "I'm fine. I don't need much, anyway," I replied gently while I sat beside her on the bed. I took a spoon of hot broth and carefully blew it until it was not hot anymore.

"I could eat," She says trying to get the spoon in my hand. I moved it away a little and gave her a look. "I could move. He didn't push me that hard."

Hearing that from her, I knew she meant the opposite, her bruise says it all. Y/n hasn't told me anything yet and I'm hoping she will eventually, slowly.

"Just let me take care of you," That's all I said instead of asking who she meant. Her tired eyes stared at mine for a moment before she gave in.

As I fed Y/n with a warm soup, I keep noticing every single time she looked at me with hesitation, yet probably couldn't find the strength to say it in my face. I even chuckled when I tried to meet her eyes and catch her, which just caused her to look away. I think it's my face, I probably look horrible right now.

Halfway through the container, Y/n shakes her head at me as I try to feed her once again, "I'm already full."

"Baby, you haven't eaten all day, you have to finish this at least," I say and try my luck again, but she declined.

Yet, it was to my surprise when she took the spoon from my hand and hastily grabbed the whole container, "It's your turn."

"My turn?"