Chapter 22

9:01 am

Waking up today is different, extraordinarily different. I woke up feeling relief, knowing that it was all true. And I even caught myself smiling from it, thinking about Cate and what happened yesterday. And the fact that we're actually together now, like officially and exclusively dating. Gosh, I'm in a relationship with Cate Blanchett.

But that isn't the highlight of this day. It's a day of finally preparing her surprise. The kids are going to arrive tomorrow, with, of course, Mr. Upton who fortunately agreed coming with them. That's why I should get everything done so that we could make a perfect surprise for her.

I'm so excited today, feeling like it's Cate's birthday already. I did my routine without being a lazy ass, so it was really a great day for me. I was just writing the things we would buy when I heard a knock on my door. She's here.

"You're early this time." I started after opening the door.

"I wanna hear the tea, spill it," Mia said as soon as she got inside.

"Cate's birthday is coming up in 2 days, that's why--" I said while fixing my things, but she cut me off.

"I know that already. What's the other one?"

"...I'll tell you later."

Mia rolled her eyes, "Ugh, You and your shit surprises."

I laugh, getting my bag. "I know. Let's go. We have a shitload of list to buy."

----------------
10:37 am

After buying the things we needed, we arrived at our destination. I've been here before, the place and the foods are undoubtedly incredible. That's why I immediately agreed when Dash told me about it.

Right at this moment, they are empty. Not because no one is going here, but because I kinda reserved the whole place for three days. Thankfully, I know the owner, and he is kind enough to let me. Plus, the fact that we didn't need to pay for everything is a fucking win win.

"Hi, is--" I said as I approached the staff inside.

"Y/n! Good Morning, You already got your things?" I heard from behind, Clayton.

I smiled, turning around. "Clay, Good morning. Yes, sorry for making you wait. We kinda bought a lot."

"No, you're on time. Nothing to worry about that." He said smiling.

Looking around, "Uhm, are they busy?" I said when I saw two staff fixing the table inside.

"Ah no, just cleaning up. I also thought they could, maybe, accompany you. I instruct them to help in preparing everything. They are five of them here, actually. If that's okay with you?"

"Oh... really? Aren't I bothering them? I can do it with my best friend since she's here with me. Well, the one I told you about." I said, smiling cheekily.

The kids suggested his resto, which, coincidentally, Clayton's Restaurant. Besides being my batchmate years ago, I met him a couple of times when I was still working at my former job. He was the younger brother of my boss at that time. And just to clear things out, he's way opposite to his dumbshit brother.

I saw him looking at her for a second, smiling, "Yes, I remember Mia. She--" Then he cleared his throat, "Anyway, back on business, you're no bother. I'm happy I could help you!" He said, smiling. Then he gave me the keys. "You can keep them until Tuesday. If ever you need anything, really anything, just call me."

I smiled brightly, shaking his hand, "I will. Thank you so so much, Clay. I owe you one."

"You're already paid." He said as he secretly pointed to Mia, making me laugh. "I'll leave now. Good luck with your surprise, Y/n." He said before leaving.