Ch.23 Deals and Fates

Start from the beginning

  "Agreed. That wasn't an option. The least we can do is lend you our emotional support." Carber said.

  "We wouldn't leave you to fend for yourself in the heart of Corruption's territory. We said we would follow you anywhere, and that meant ANYWHERE." Moon told me. I was touched.

  "NoT To InTeRrUpT YoUr LiTtLe MoMeNt, BuT We'Ve GoT SoMe UnFiNiShEd BuSiNeSs To TaKe CaRe Of. YoU WaNt To GeT OuT Of HeRe Or NoT?" Bill said finally having snapped out of it.

  "Ya. What exactly did you have planned? I would think Corruption would have measures to prevent Reaper from just showing up in his own prison." I said.

  "ThAt'S WhY ThIs OnE Is UsEd SpEcIfIcAlLy FoR CoNtAiNiNg ThE OnEs JuSt GoInG ThRoUgH ToRtUrE. We UsE A SePaRaTe AU FoR KiLlInG PrIsOnErS. We BaSiCaLlY BrEaK ThEm FoR InfoRmAtIoN AnD BrInG ThEiR LiVeS To ThE BrInK, ThEn OfF ThEm WhEn ThEiR No LoNgEr UsEfUl. KiLlEr Is VeRy SkIlLeD At KnOwInG HoW MuCh A PeRsOn CaN HaNdLe, BeFoRe We HaVe To MoVe ThEm In CaSe ThEy DuSt On ThEiR OwN FrOm HoPeLeSsNeSs." Bill explained. My bitties shiver at how casually it was said.

  "Huh. You used Killer's name. I thought you would only call him Drippy." I commented.

  "I OnLy ReAlLy UsE ThE NaMe'S Of PeOpLe I ReSpEcT. I DoN'T ReSpEcT DrIpPy Much, BuT He HaS SkIlL. I OnLy UsE ThE GoOpTiPuS' NaMe WhEn I'm PiSsEd Or On BusInEsS. NoW LeT's GeT GoInG BeFoRe We GeT CaUgHt. We HaVe A DeAtH GoD To SuMmOn." Bill told me.

  The three bitties climbed back into my corruption as I struggled to get up. Once I was on my feet Bill opened the cell door and made his way down the corridor. I followed behind as quickly as I could. I could feel my magic and corruption drip down me to the ground as I trailed behind him. I wasn't sure how far I walked, but I was getting tired. Then Bill stopped in front of a door. With the snap of his fingers it opened. We head inside. I flinch. I'm met with the feelings of pain and madness. I looked closer to see a skeleton chained up to the wall as I was. They seemed to be bleeding magic heavily from all over their body. Their cloths were in tatters. I couldn't recognize what kind of Sans they could be. They seemed to be awake, but lacked eyelights. I could hear them speaking in incoherent mumbling. I looked to Bill. "Why are we here?" I whispered.

  "No NeEd To WhIsPeR, HiS MiNd Is AlReAdY BrOkEn. He'S No LoNgEr AwArE Of AnYtHInG. YoU CaN KnOcK, BuT No OnEs HoMe. He WaS goInG To Be MoVeD FoR ExEcUtIoN ToMoRrOw. He WoUlD WoRk PeRfEcTlY FoR OuR PuRpOsE." Bill told me.

  "What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.

  "ThE OnLy WaY To SuMmOn A DeAtH GoD Is WiTh DeAtH. I CaN't GeT YoU OuT Of HeRe WiThOuT NiGhTmArE KnOwInG RiGhT AwAy, BuT DeAtH Is EvErYwHeRe. He CaN GeT In AnD OuT WiThOuT AnYoNe KnOwInG. It WiLl LoOk LiKe YoU EsCaPeD. I RaThEr NoT HaVe To DeAl WiTh ThE NeGaTiVe ChArGeD PiLe Of GoOp. AlL YoU HaVe To Do Is KiLl ThE DeAd MaN HaNgInG AnD YoUr GoOd To Go. I CaN't Do It CaUsE GlOoMy WiLl KnOw It WaS Me AnD WoN't ShOw Up. I'm OnE Of ThE FeW ThAt CaN TaKe HiM On. " Bill said.

  "What!? I've never killed anyone before! I'm just a kid!" I said panicking. I didn't want to kill anyone, even if they're already going to die.

  "It WoUlD Be EaSy. JuSt A HiT WiTh LiTtLe InTeNt, And He'lL DuSt. It WoUlD Be A MeRcY HoNeStLy. ExEcUtIoNs ArE NoT PleAsAnT." Bill said trying to assure me. I wasn't in the slightest.

  "I don't think I can Bill. I've never been able to harm anyone in my life. No matter what they did to me. I can want them to get what they deserve. I may say or think ways for them to come to a gruesome end, but I don't think I could muster the actual intent to harm. I can't even really hate anyone but Fate, and that's stretching it. I don't even really want to hurt Corruption, since he's just doing what's in his nature." I tried to explain to him. Bill looked at me like I was speaking in a foreign language.

  "ThAt CaN't Be PoSsIbLe. EvEn AfTeR EvErYtHiNg, YoUr ThAt MuCh Of A PaCiFiSt. WoUlDn'T YoU WaNt To GeT ReVeNgE On EvErYoNe WhO HaS DoNe YoU WrOnG If YoU CoUlD?" Bill asked confused.

  "My life has taught me that I should treat others how I would want to be treated. I know what it's be like to be used and treated as disposable. To receive pain and anger from others. I'm an empathetic being by nature. I can't help but try to see myself in others perspective. I can definitely feel like someone deserves their karma, but I know most can't control their fates. I try not to judge people and act without prejudice or bias. Like you and Killer. I may not know exactly what you've been through, but your experiences shaped you into what you are today. Killer's torturing was in no way personal, and I actually enjoyed our conversations. And, you made a deal to help me escape even if it risks your position. That isn't how a truly evil being behaves. I have a bit of a saying. Light doesn't necessarily mean good, while dark doesn't equate evil. I know you've all done horrible things, but I don't really blame you." I told Bill.

  I heard a creek coming from the cell door. I turned around and saw a shadowed figure.