Ch.14 E.S.B.

So began a marathon of a shopping trip. When we teleported to the multiversal mall, I expected it to be huge. But it was absolutely GINORMOUS! It went on for miles. Luckily my new parents were too lazy to walk around, so we just ported close to the stores we needed to go to. Reaper was floating above us as we went from store to store. We made sure to get me stuff I could travel with. We got everything from blankets and flashlights to outdoor clothes and ecto-shampoo. Which the two were confused about, until I summoned my yellow with a streak of red, cyan, and green ecto-hair. It was a neat thing I discovered I could do when learning magic. I just didn't keep it out, because I didn't have anything to take care of it. Though now that I had that option, I decided to do so. We went back for hair accessories and brushes.

  We stopped by a bathroom to let me change into some new clothes. I now wore a long sleeve yellow and cyan striped top under a pair of jean overalls. I put a green aviator jacket with a white hood over it. I changed my boots for green high-top sneakers with yellow and white striped knee-high socks. I put on new red fingerless gloves. My ecto-hair was tied up in a red scrunchie with a cyan flower crown. My old cloths went into the trash, but I made sure to save my crown and cape. When I was done, everything went in our inventory.

   I noticed an artist and crafts store as we past and dragged them in. I got a case of art supplies, different sized/color sharpy set, full sewing kit, and different yarns with knitting needles and crochet hooks. We got a few books with instructions on different patterns and techniques. Geno teared up at the last items, reminded of Error and his crocheting and knitting hobby. I reminded him of a younger Error, but less moody.

Eventually, we stopped at the cafeteria, realizing I still hadn't eaten anything but friendship tacos. We ordered some monster food. Reaper got a black coffee and a lava cake. Geno got a hot chocolate and cinnabunny. I got a Neapolitan milkshake, a Caeser salad, and a brownie. I started crying from how good it was. Geno patted me on the head as Reaper held me. Once we were done, we threw away our trash and decided to head out to meet Blue. We teleported in front of another building. The building was fairly large, though had weird posters on it. The posters were of different monsters posing in different positions cutely. Geno and Reaper started walking in. I quickly followed.

As we walked in I saw a checkout area. To the left side, was a series of shelves filled with miniaturized items. Anything from cloths to furniture. I look to the right and I couldn't help, but feel excitement. There are a series of large cases and pens. Inside them I can see miniature monster looking out or minding their own business. I could also see some of them being cuddled by some customers. They were bitties! I remembered them from my last life. They were basically tiny versions of the monsters in different Aus. They probably weren't even a foot tall. They were kept as pets, though I think they would be more of mini live-in friend or companions. They were just as intelligent as a normal sized human or monster, so I find referring to them as pets demeaning to them. I saw Blue heading towards us.

"FRIENDS! I HAVE FINISHED THE PAPERWORK! AND THANKS TO THE REFERENCE FROM CORE AND MEDIC, WE ARE SET TO ADOPT AN EMOTIONAL SUPPORT BITTY OR, E.S.B. FOR SHORT! SURPRISE LITTLE CATCHER!" Blue told us full of enthusiasm. I thought he might have drank another cup of coffee.

"Well I guess the skeletons out of the bag. Surprise!" Reaper says, doing jazz hands.

"Medic thought with some of your 'issues' you could use the love and companionship of a sort of emotional support animal. Core wanted to do one better and get you a bitty. They're kinda like pets, but as intelligent as you or me. They would be able to better help you with your issues. Plus, they bond to your magic to feed off of it, but it's also so they always know how to help you best. The connection will also allow them to live as long as you. If we get lucky, we might even be able to find one that can protect you in an emergency." Geno tells me.