Night with You

We both gasped for air after our lips pulled apart. What I did slowly sinks into me and I can't stop feeling embarrassed thinking how bold I was to kiss Jake.
I hide my face on my palms in embarrassment.
"Are you okay" Jake worriedly asked I nodded in response but remained still.  I felt him placing his hands on my shoulders making me turn around to face him. "No please not now" my mind shouted, i buried my face even more when I felt his hands over mine.
"Is everything alright love?" He asked. i mentally cursed my heart for jumping like crazy whenever he calls me 'love'
"Please let me see your face" Jake said and tried to remove my hands on my face, I shook my head in response not wanting him to see me blushing brightly. Jake waited for a moment before commenting about my bright red face.
Wait how did he know?
I looked at him curiously and he pointed his hands above. Full moon?
That's the only time I remembered seeing the full moon earlier before I entered the bar.
Jake took my hands away from my face and moved closer to me.
I felt a cold object touching my neck, after a few seconds Jake looked at me and smiled "I made that design for you" he proudly said.
I looked at the necklace in awe.

"It's so beautiful Jake, I love it

"It's so beautiful Jake, I love it. Thank you, you're amazing" I saw Jake blushed  on my compliments.
"I'm glad you loved it" he said happily. He once again tucked my hair behind my neck, maintaining an eye contact with me. His hands traced the necklace and said "Even the world pulls you miles away and out of reach from me, you are here in my heart "he took my hand and placed it on his chest  "you are the very reason why this heart is still beating, I could have died long ago" I felt my tears starting to form as he touch my face "but my heart won't let me, because I know you are waiting" Jake leaned to kiss my temple, my eyes automatically closed at the feeling of his lips on my skin. "I will even fight destiny and re-write the stars to be with you, remember that. Let this necklace be a reminder of this pledge I gave you tonight" Jake's voice is full of seriousness and determination. I nodded my head, my heart memorizing each word he said. Jake burried me into his arms once again, giving me soft kisses on my hair. Jake's warmth feels so comfortable, our heart beats synchronizes. I know he can feel it too. We didn't say any words, we let ourselves melt in each others arms. Enjoying each second we spent together not minding of our surrounding. We stayed in each other's arms until I got startled when I heard the loud noise coming from above.
Jake's smile grew wider as he looked up in the sky. I pulled myself from his arms and followed his eyes looking at the fireworks.
Jake placed his arm on my shoulders while my left hand automatically snaked around his waists as I leaned my head against him with my right hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.
We watched the fireworks until its gone.
"Did you liked it?" Jake asked. I looked into his eyes before saying yes. "Is this the reason why you brought me here?" I asked back. Jake smiled in response. "How did you know there will be fireworks tonight?" I asked again. "Because I set it up for you" he answered and extended his hands to me, inviting me to take it but I didn't, I hugged him instead. I pushed myself a little bit, clinging my hands on his nape. His hands on my waist securing me not to fall. "Thank you Jake. You're the best" I said and kissed him on his cheeks. Both of stomach growled and we laughed hard.
"Let's get something to eat" Jake said and took my hand. "Where are we going? The Aurora is on that side" I protested seeing we are on the opposite road.
"I'm not going back there" Jake stubbornly said.
I looked at him in confusion "we're going to my place" he replied.

What happened back there?
Why does Jake sounds annoyed all of the sudden?