THE FRENEMIES PART 3

PHIL

Jessy came with a bottle of whiskey after the employees left Aurora. I didn't say a word but pushed my glass towards her. She understood and poured the whiskey on mine and hers before grabbing the stool next to mine.
I took the glass and drank its content leaving the glass empty. 
Flashback came in.
Her tears fell and he quickly made his way to her to wipe up her tears and pulled her in a tight hug.
She hugged him back, her eyes full of happiness.
I grabbed the bottle from Jessy and drank from it.
Jessy remained silent and took another bottle.
We both drank until I passed out.
I woke up the next day with a devil headache.
"You're awake, here take this" Jessy gave me a glass of water and a pill. "I made some soup, I'll bring it here" she said before leaving. She came back in a few minutes with the soup and placed it on the table. "thanks" I said.
Jessy hugged me in response without saying a word and that is enough. We both are not used to being outspoken. Our new way of communication is thru silence and action.
"Don't feel bad. She's happy and that matters" I tried to cheer her up. "Today's your birthday why don't we celebrate it with your friends. Invite them, I'll take care of the cost" I added and pat her head and kissed her hair.
She looked at me in surprise and I too, was surprised of my gesture.
"I like this version of you. Can't remember the last time it feels how to have a big brother" she hugged me again, this time her spirits are back. She is happy. I made my little sister happy and I never knew that its satisfying. "We lost so much and its not too late to make up, I'll try to be a better brother to you" I hugged her back. Jessy mumbled "thanks" before teasing me "yeah but first take some shower. You stink" and she ran away to the door and stuck her tongue out playfully. I might lost the fight for her but I won back my relationship with my little sister.
It damn hurt me but lucky I prepared myself for this.
Loving is not owning, I can still love and care for her in a distance. Whether be her brother or be her best friend, I'll be running on her side whenever she needs me. I don't know why, I should be feeling bitter. But surprisingly I don't.

Jessy's part started at 4. Angel came with the devil and we started bickering whenever we find the opportunity.
I don't really hate him, I just don't like him. That's a mutual fact.
I walked outside to take a cigarette when he suddenly came.
"What do you want?" I asked giving him my best bored tone. "I don't like you but I trust you" he said which surprised me. Fuck. I feel the same.
Its disgusting.
"Two mutual facts. Disgusting right?" Jake said in a matter of fact tone. The fuck???? Is he an esper?
"I'm not" he replied.
I looked at him in confusion.
"You're easy to read. Idiot" I grabbed his shirt but the weirdo didn't even flinched. His calmness and poker face annoys me more.
"We can't stand each others presence so I'm going to make this real quick" he said.

After 20 minutes

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked. Jake shrugged and simply said "We both love her to the core, that's enough reason" he then left me dumbfolded.

I looked at the paper he gave me.

It doesn't make any sense to me

But I should keep it until the "Time" has come.
When that happens, she will need me the most.

******
Sorry for my late update.
The code is essential for the coming chapters.
It took me a week of thinking and coming up with that.

Pardon my half broken remaining brain cell 😂

Updates will be every weekend.
I'll try to update another chapter today but that is uncertain.

Thank you for your patience and support 💗

Love you all, duskwood fam!