First Day

A/N: Please note of the following for better reading experience.

*For the next following chapters I'm going to change "ME" to "MC" in every Chat/Group conversations.*MC's gender on this story is Female, expect the MC to be addressed "she" or "her" I do not discrimenate the LGBT community. Its just my choice as writer, however feel free to imagine yourself as the MC here. *The MC's name will never be mentioned on this story. If there is a need of mentioning the name it will automatically be addressed as "Y/N" *The MC's former job will never be identified for the purpose of giving you a better experience. Whatever your job is or your preference, I'll leave it to you. as it will not hurt the story. 

Announcement: New characters are coming, comment down for name suggestions. 

End of A/N

__________________________

Just as what Jake said, I got accepted on the job he told me to apply to. The owner is a sweet woman on her 40's, she immediately hired me after knowing that I'm the mystery girl who solved the case of MWAF (Man Without A Face). It seems like news in Duskwood spreads like a fire, on my first day all of our products were sold out and the town people will either greet me, thank me or ask for a photo. I lost count of how many customers took a photo with me. 

Dusk is approaching and everything was sold out already, so the owner decided to close the shop two hours earlier. I'm really tired from coming back and forth, getting orders, serving it, going back to the cashier and then smiling for a photo. 

"Y/N, you can go after you cleaned up the place, don't worry about being undertime because you'll still pay you a full day" Shay said, her voice is full of happiness. "That's really nice of you Shay" I replied. 

"I know you are very very tired today, you are a very hard and talented worker Y/N, I'm so glad you chose to apply here" she said with a glee in her voice.

 I'm so glad too. Shay allowed to include my Coconut Brownies on her menu, which makes me feel a little more confident of my baking skills. I should thank Jake for this. He did his research really well. "Thanks Shay for accepting me even I don't have the certificates, Thank you." Her smile grew bigger and held my hand. "No, thank you. Now why don't we clean up so you can rest. I know you are exhausted. You should also take home the charcoal chicken I made so you won't have to cook supper" She said and went to the pantry. I mouthed thank you and decided to finish cleaning up. I have my full attention cleaning up the counter's floor when suddenly I hear the shop's door opened and heard soft footsteps approaching.

"I heard the mystery girl's moist coconut brownies here are good, but turns out I'm late. I came for that" the customer said. "I'm sorry sir, they were sold out an hour ago" I apologetically said as I rise up to face him."I travelled specifically for that and to get a photo with the new celebrity" he added. His voice seems to be familiar and when I turned to face him I see him smiling and gave me a wink. "Can I have a photo with you?" Phil said. I was speechless for a minute, not knowing what to say. Specially Jake is not a fan of Phil being around me. "Princess you've been staring at me for a minute now, am I that astonishing to your eyes?" he teasingly added. "Wait.. what no... I-- I just, didn't expect you coming..." I said in my defense. What in the world is he doing here? "Isn't it obvious? I came for you and for that coconut brownies" his smile grew wider this time. I admit, he can be lined up with Greek gods but heck what am I even thinking right now?! "I'm sorry Phil, uhm maybe come back some other time. Its sold out" i said. "Then how about a photo?" he said with a puppy eyes. I didn't know he has this side. I always view him as serious having a typical bad boy vibes. Before I was able reply Shay came with a teasing look. 

"Oh I didn't know your boyfriend is coming to fetch you" she said.  Not again. Why do the people here in Duskwood easily jumps to conclusion?

"He is not my boyfriend Shay, this is Phil, my friend's brother" I said and she approached Phil to shake hands. Phil introduced himself and offered a hand to help which the owner gladly accepted with a teasing grin on her face. 

Phil helped arranging the tables and chairs, which flexed a bit of his muscles. He moved quick but careful like an expert. 

We bid goodbye to Shay, and Phil insisted on driving me home as I really look exhausted. It didn't took long as my house is really close to Shay's shop. It was just a 5 minute drive. 

"Wait" Phil said and quickly jumped out of the car and opened the door for me. "Careful Princess" he said as he reached out his hand to help me. 

"Thank you Phil for everything you did today" I smiled at him. 

Phil brushed his hands on his black long wavy hair and smiled. 

"Anything for you Princess" he said. 

I was about to get inside when he held my hand. I gave him a questioning look. 

"Wait a second, I believe I deserve a photo with you Princess" he said while wiggling his brows. 

I sighed in defeat, "Fine". 

With that he placed his arms on my shoulder and leaned on me closer. His cheeks touching mine and smiled. 

afterwards he showed me the photo. 

I look terrible... my hair is a mess, my eyes screaming how shock I was with his gestures. While he looks goddamn perfect. 

"Wait Phil! I looked hideous!!!" 

But he quickly slid on his car and drove. 

"Good night Princess" he shouted.