Chapter 33: Time of Relaxation

(holy duck fest it's been forever since I even SEEN this book! As you may or may not have guessed I've been locked out of my account for awhile now. Thankfully I finally got back in it so now I can actually update this. Also I'm so so sorry for never actually updating on this, while I was trying to get into this account and all I came up with a few new ideas for it since my notes had gotten deleted. But it does mean someone in the comments is correct, I'm not spilling on who it is though. Anyway, enough of me, you're here to either get a happily ever after or extreme amount of angst that your therapist would probably be concerned about.)

~?????~

How could my plan have failed? It was thought out so nicely, except for a couple details, of course. In any scenario, almost everything was dealt with accordingly. I don't get this, it wasn't supposed to go like this. Maybe, just maybe I can fix it. Or break it, considering what my overall goal is and all.

~Ink's PoV~

Me, Dream, Cross, Nightmare, Reaper, Error and Geno are all on the couch for a sleepover. We were having a heated argument over who got to pick the movie first, since as the time goes on more and more people will go to sleep. We were drawing straws, biggest stick gets to choose, then so forth.

The order from tallest to shortest was Reaper, Dream, Error, Nightmare, Me, Geno then Cross. He was kind of bummed out about having the shortest stick and only getting to choose a movie after everyone else. I made a promise to him that I would make sure at least me and Nightmare stayed up to watch his movie, and honestly he seemed really happy about it.

Nightmare and I sat on one side of the couch while Reaper was trying to cuddle Geno on the other. Dream and Cross were on the floor in their bean bags and Error was sitting comfortably in the recliner. Reaper had chosen "The Fox and The Hound". Geno eventually just gave up and let Reaper cuddle him. I don't think he noticed but I saw a smile on his face!

I looked down to see Dream and Cross both looking at the TV, but their attention was mainly based around each other. I sat back up and laid my head on Nightmare's shoulder while he put his arm around me. A few times during the movie I had cried, especially when the hound had to chase the fox to try and kill him. That and what had followed was the saddest parts of the movie.

Next up was Dream, whom I'm guessing wanted to lighten the mood a bit, so he put in "Over The Hedge". It was still a little sad but not as sad as the other one had been. That, and at least they made up and became friends in the end. While almost everyone was laughing, the three edge lords were chuckling to themselves, sometimes whispering to each other. Sometimes, since I was cuddling up with Nightmare, I got to hear a little bit of what they were talking about. It was mainly snide remarks about the movie but, there was gossip here and there. In one conversation they were talking about how it was so typical for Dream to pick this movie and in another conversation they were talking about insecurities they were thinking other Sans' had just by their movements. Once I heard them talking about the last thing, I slowly sat up and hugged myself, wondering what they thought I had.

"Do they think I'm insecure about my height? Or maybe the way I look or weigh... They could be talking about anything about me and I would have no idea! Wait... How long have they been talking about stuff like this for?"

I shook of the thought as I looked up to see the movie had ended and it was now Error's turn to choose. Of course, he tried to turn it to Undernovela (I'm sorry if I ever spell it wrong) but it didn't work so he just decided not to choose a movie, therefore, it was Nightmare's turn. He had chosen "The Corpse Bride", which honestly I loved.

Unlike the other movies, while Reaper and Geno, Dream and Cross cuddled, I sat apart from Nightmare. It wasn't like I was too affected from what they were talking about or anything, I just didn't feel like hugging or cuddling him while he's not even paying attention to any of the movies, not even his own. I bet he didn't even notice I stopped cuddling him, I wouldn't know though since I was actually WATCHING the movie!

Eventually it had ended though. I didn't really have much emotion during it since I had already watched it a million times, I honestly still love it though. Next up was me, and I had chosen a random movie since I wanted to see something new. It ended up being "Strange Magic", a movie that I haven't seen since I was little! When I was younger I thought it was so cool, but now I kinda feel annoyed with how much they sing in it. It's like there was a new song on every 5 seconds.

My movie had finished surprisingly quickly if I'm being honest. For Geno's turn he and Reaper discussed it and came to the conclusion that Geno would be choosing "Rise of The Guardians". It wasn't all that bad, and the story was well put together and everything. The graphics were also pretty stunning as well. The only thing is it makes me feel weird thinking that the Easter bunny could be that mean. Next up was Cross' movie, and he chose "My Little Pony: The Movie". Dream ad stayed awake for the first part of it but fell asleep later on. Since it was a time Reaper actually got to relax and not worry about work, he and Geno fell asleep cuddling each other. The only ones left awake was me, Nightmare, Error and Cross.

I looked at Cross and he looked like he was about ready to pass out. Then I looked over to Error to see him watching Undernovela with his earplugs in. Finally I looked at Nightmare who looked as bored as ever. I patted his shoulder, which got him to look at me before leaning in to hear me.

"You know, if you want to leave, or go to sleep soon I think Cross is about to pass out."

He nodded with a smile and kissed the top of my head, making my whole skull erupt in a flaming hue of colors! How dare he make me blush.....

Eventually, we had fallen asleep, with me falling asleep first. I woke up snuggling something warm but also kind of cold at the same time, I that makes any sense. I rolled over and it felt different than any mattress I've laid on before. I rand my hand on the underside of the blanket, which felt extremely soft but also heavy. It had really felt like it was fit for a king! Wait.... A king....

Before I could continue my thought process, I heard a low grumble as well as felt something turn toward me, wrapping their arms around me.

"Good morning Inky.."

"Good morning Nighty!'

I turned to him with a smile as I lightly kissed hi cheek with a smile, making his cheeks have a light dusty hue of turquoise/cyan. He smile back though, which made my heart flutter.

"So, are we just gonna pretend like we don't like each other more than friends?"

He gasped softly before settling down and groaning while putting his hands on top of his eyes.

"I didn't think you'd ever ask that to be completely honest... And I definitely didn't think I'd be asking this question with you already in my bed."

I scoffed and did my best to look offended while also trying to hide my blush. He chuckled and I looked back at him again.

"But, I guess this is how it must be. Ink Comet, would you make me one of the most luckiest monsters in the whole multiverse and be my boyfriend?"

Smiling, I hugged him excitedly.

"Of course I would! Nightmare, would you make me one of the most happiest monsters and be my boyfriend?"

"Heh, of course I would!"

We had spent the rest of the day relaxing and cuddling with each other, now happier then ever!