Chapter 16: Missed Encounters

~√Nightmare's PoV√~

I was sitting on my bed in my bedroom, looking no where in particular. I zoned out for a while but when I came back to reality I realized I was holding onto my old crown. I hate the past.

I put the crown back on my nightstand and walk over to the door.

"That's the last time I'm even gonna try to help you squid."

I open the door to be met with a pair of mismatched eyes. The left pupil red while the right was red with a mix of purple and blue.

"What is it Dust?"

"Me, Killer and Horror were wanting to throw a party and we're wandering if it may be okay to invite all the bad sanses."

"Yeah, just don't stay up past midnight. You, Raspberry and Fell have a mission tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But didn't we just find Ink?"

"Yes, but that still does not excuse the fact that the multiverse is lacking in the negitive department."

Dust nodded and turned around and started walking back downstairs, most likely to tell the others.

I sigh as I walk back over to my nightstand and look into the crown. In my reflection I see no goop nor king, rather a scared and hurt prince who wanted nothing more than what his brother had. Bruises and cuts run along his milk white bones. Cracks along his skull unevenly make up a moon shape.

No matter how many times he tried he never had what his brother had. He never had friends, never felt loved or cared for. Whenever he got beat up and bruised his brother was no where other than with the ones who hurt him. No one was there for him. Even when he thought he could even lay a single finger on one little positive apple, it tuned against him as well. Even his own brother never looked at him the same way. He was just how they described him, what they made him, what he was ment to be.

~No ones PoV~

He looked away from it with a feeling of dread washing down his bones. He lifted his boney hand and swiped at his eye socket, only to find it soaked with cyan tears.

He quickly wiped them away with a few strokes and walked over to his door, deciding to take a stroll around the castle.

The castle was the same as the one in dreamtale except without the bright and esthetic yellow and gold paintings and pictures. No. He took those down long ago. To him, they only resembled the pain and agony he went through day and night.

As he walked he put his hand on the wall, which was a dark purple with navy blue mixed in. The wall also consisted of gold lined trimmings and gold specks mixed in with the purple and navy blue.

He came across a room that he had tried to leave alone for a bit now. The door was a dark brown oak with rainbows in the corners.

He turned the handle slowly and took a breath of the smell of Skittles and unopened paint filled his nose socket.
He closed the door gently. Hearing the soft click of the door he walked over to the bed, his shoes making a soft padding sound on the floor. He sat on the multicolored bed and closed his eye.

"I wish you just would have said yes. We could be happy. I would make you so happy. Why didn't you just say yes?"

Eventually, he fell asleep laying on the on the bed he had prepared for someone he wished he could just scoop up with his arms and cuddle with forever.