Chapter 13: Possibilities

{A/n: this song has nothing to do with this chapter, I've just been listening to it recently}

~●Nightmare's PoV•~

I swear, I'm going to kill Cross. He doesn't deserve Dream. Dream is pretty bad with his whole positive thing, but still.

After a while I went to a different part of Outertale that they weren't at and sat down, looking at the stars. Part of me wanted to crush them, another part of me wanted to spread it with black darkness. And another part of me whispered, if and when we find Ink, I can take him here and finally ask him.

Of course, I put that thought a side. If we find him, he won't want to even look at me. I mean, it is my fault that he walked into that blackhole.

I sighed and closed my eye. I wasn't long after that I heard a voice I grew to know. But.... it was.. different, in a way. I can't describe though.

"Hey Nightmare.."

I snapped my eye open and looked behind me to see... Ink!

I got up and ran to him, tripping in the process. He looked at me with a bored expression, but it also looked as if there was another emotion. Concern? Anxiety? No, no, why would he be either of those?

"Ink, is that- is that really you?"

He seemed to have taken a deep breath before answering me.

"Yes, Night, it's me, Ink. Sorry if I had you worried."

I didn't say anything as I hugged him. I couldn't say anything. Nor find the right words. I was so happy to have him back. Which, I wouldn't expect from myself, being the embodiment of negativity.

He hugged back hesitantly, patting my back. Something felt a little off but, I chose to ignore it.

We pulled away after some time had passed. I wish it could have lasted just a little while more but, sadly it couldn't.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I gotta head out. I'll see ya later, K?"

Before I could answer he created a portal with his paintbrush and jumped in. I didn't nootice at first glance but then I did a double take and saw that some of the brush had red on it...