Pacify

"I'm not human. I never was. So why are you expecting me to act like one?"

I was beaten down, kneeling on the floor, held up only by the collar of my shirt, yet, I still found the strength to beam a weak smile.

"I'm not asking you to be human, Lucifer. I'm asking you to acknowledge what you're feeling, to remain who and what you are, but to accept the fact you're not as emotionless as you tell yourself."

Looking into his eyes, I could see he was fighting back the urge to speak up and tell me I was wrong; fighting back, because he knew I was right, and at last, he finally seemed to be willing to hear the truth.

"I know what's going through your head, you know." I said while still smiling. "I know you feel things... for me. Because if you didn't, you wouldn't have gotten to me last. You wouldn't have had your little fun with Sam, Dean, and Cas first. You wouldn't have wanted them to be unconscious while holding me the way you're doing it now."

I felt his hand hold the collar of my shirt tighter, yet the glow in his eyes softened.

"And... because you wouldn't have hesitated for so long to finish me off." I scoffed weakly.

"You don't know—"

"How your brain works?" I cut him off, finishing his sentence. "Or how your heart works? Maybe I don't. Maybe I don't know what it's like to be you, what it's like to feel such resentment, such pain. But... it doesn't take much to understand you're going through an inner conflict."

Growing tired of feeling exposed, he looked away from me, though without letting go of me.

"Lucifer..." I softly called out to him in hopes of making him look back at me.

No matter how many times he would deny the facts, the spark appearing in his eyes every time I said his name would always betray him. I turned my head to my left and took a deep breath in as I stared at Sam, Dean, and Castiel, the three of them scattered across the room, lying unconscious on the ground.

I'm not angry at him for what he did to them. I thought to myself. I know he's only doing it because he's never been given the chance to do anything other than to destroy. He was never taught to be kind.

Looking back up at the archangel standing in front of me, I gently rested one of my hands on top of his, which made him twitch slightly in surprise.

"I don't want you to be any different than the way you are now, Lucifer. I don't want you to be good."

I gave my three friends another glance, before shaking my head slowly.

"I'm not asking you to do the right thing. I'm not asking you to heal them."

My eyes met with his again, and this time we shared the same spark.

"Just let them go. For me."

I kept on staring into the blue of his eyes, until they turned into a white glow, illuminating the entire room. I closed my eyes, covering them with my hands, and when I opened them again, he had vanished.