154 - Tour In Disguise, Stealing The Secrets

Start from the beginning

The value of this item are priceless.

And for those powerful figures that want to escape natural death, this was an insurmountable treasure.

Cole don't have the intention of using the [Spring of Life] since it was something that didn't appear in the long history of this world.

However, it wasn't the same for the [Water of Life]. Different races in the universe have visited the Nexus World in some point of history and Tree of Life and Elves have left a trace in this world.

[Water of Life] should have long lost in the annal of history but it wasn't impossible for it to appear again. After all, it was possible to stored and preserved it until now by any unknown means or circumstances.

And, yes. Cole intend to use several drops of [Water of Life] to exchange a piece of territory on the empire.

In any case, the empire is massive. It has less than 50 Kingdoms under it and holds countless cities and towns. It shouldn't be much to ask for a single city as payment. Furthermore, the city he intend to ask for is not significant and could be said to be worthless for the empire. Its City Lord was only a Mana Gathering-Stage cultivator, extremely weak and can't even defeat a bandit that was more powerful than him.

The Heavenly Fire Imperial City also had towering walls for protection for possible beast stampede from the massive forest that covers the whole Azure Territory. However, since the city itself is commercial city, in addition to the fact that the Imperial City is powerful enough, anyone that doesn't looks like a beggar can freely enter. It was an open, commercial city.

After entering the gates, Cole and Celia did not hesitate and immediately walk towards the Imperial Palace.

The city itself is extremely massive but finding the Imperial Palace is not hard since there was a tall building in the middle where the palace was situated. It was kind of landmark.

The Imperial Palace not only house the veritable Aflame Imperial Family, its very foundation called the Pill Tower where all the renowned and powerful Alchemist lives were also in it. Not only it has its another set of walls for protection made from rare and more durable materials, even the guards that patrol and guard the gates were powerful and had strong cultivation. The patrols has a cultivation not lower than Ninth-Level Core Formation Stage while their captain were even a Peak-Level Nascent Soul-Stage cultivator.

Those who want to make trouble in the Imperial City definitely should have a powerful strength. Otherwise, there's only one outcome for them, death!

Since the two of them don't have an appointment, Cole can only use the approach of talking to the guards.

"Halt! Esteem cultivator, this area is off-limits."

Cole nodded his head, "I know that. But I heard that the Emperor is looking for some rare treasures. I wonder if I can meet him."

Instantly, a surprised expression appear on every guards face. Afterwards, it turn warm and respectful.

Definitely, the news are true, probably released by the Imperial Family itself to save the current Emperor.

After he voice out his intention, the guards immediately make way, "Esteem cultivator, please don't mind our rudeness. Please, please, you can now enter the core circle."

Cole did not bother to make things difficult and complicated. He nodded his eyes, walk and enter the gate.

Before he could fully enter the core grounds, someone is waiting for him and received him upon reaching the spot.

"Esteem cultivator, I heard you have something that his highness is looking for. Please, I'll guide and bring you to someone you can properly talk with."

Unexpectedly, the one who received him was a Peak Nascent Soul-Stage cultivator, a supposedly great figure should he stay on the outside world. Here, he was just someone that receive the guest.

After saying that sentence, a luxurious carriage stop in front of them, mounted on equally powerful Peak Tier-4 Horse-type Beast.

However, upon seeing the carriage, Cole immediately speak out his disagreement, "I don't want to board the carriage, I want to walk. Consider it as sightseeing since I don't know if I can ever back on this place."

It wasn't because Cole dislike boarding the carriage. Instead, he wanted to take that chance to peer all the possible formation and array that cover the whole core area of Heavenly Fire Imperial City. The limit of his [Heavenly Eyes] is it can't see through any normal physical obstruction like walls.

The guide smile in understanding. "We'll do as what esteem cultivator requested."

It is instructed by the Emperor that all those that bring the life extending treasures will be treated as supreme guest by the whole empire.

As a matter of fact, Cole's request could be considered mild compare to those persons before him. They request a massive price for the life extending items they have that are extremely weak.

With that, Cole spend several hours touring the important places of the core area, including the Pill Tower.

And Cole could confidently said that just the harvest of formations and array on that tour already exceed the value of consumable [Water of Life] he intend to exchange. Fortunately, no one could tell that he's practically stealing from the Imperial Family. Otherwise, he won't be able to leave the area easily. After all, the Imperial City won't stand for long if they don't have strong martial foundation.

His tour guide enthusiastically bring him to several important but open for important guest places.

Afterwards, they stop in front of majestic palace. Without a doubt, it was the Imperial Palace.

"Esteem master, please follow me."

The same as the first time, to appear more dignified, Cole didn't reply back but just nodded his head.

After that, they enter the same majestic gate of the palace. Of course, he didn't forgot to open his eyes and feast on all the hidden treasures in every nook and cranny of the path they take.

It was because of that that Cole didn't detected that they finally arrived in front of a certain door.

"Esteeem master, I can only send you until here. Please enter the room, the Grand Elder are already waiting for your arrival." He then face the door and knock, "Grand Elder, the esteem master have arrived."

When his guide face him again, Cole took out one spiritual stone he store inside his [Black Ring], "Here, accept this."

Subconsciously, the other stretch out his hand and accept the spiritual stone. But when he snapped out of his surprise, he was about to return the spiritual stone but Cole and Celia have already enter the room.

Since it would be impolite should he call the other, the guide can only accept the spiritual stone and close the door.

But when he inspect the stone, the guide were extremely surprise. It was actually a Tier-6 Spiritual Stone which is a treasure for the like of him whose only Tier-4 in standard!

...

Yes, Cole have given his guide a Tier-6 Spiritual Stone.

The [Inner World] might be reach in spiritual energy but Tier-6 Spiritual Stone is still rare. However, when he remember the fact that he acquire several runes, inscriptions, formations and arrays in their exploration, Cole believe that the Spiritual Stone are even considered a small price. After all, what he acquire could be use for limitless purposes but that spiritual stone are consumable.

...

Upon entering the room, Cole set aside his other thoughts.

Instead, he fully focus on what's in front of him.

Surprisingly, the Grand Elder the guide address too are a man in his thirties. He looks extremely young compare to those Grand Elders he saw before.

But when he use the innate talent of his special bloodline, he see that the life force of the other were extremely weak and was about to deplete his lifespan too.

As a matter of fact, at that moment, Cole even suspected that the one in front of him was the emperor in disguise.