153 - Guest Elder

Start from the beginning

However, since the sect itself won't casually grant the title to someone with dark reputation, an Guest Elder basically won't have any restrictions.

"As an Guest Elder, the sect will usually give task to you from to time. You will be paid accordingly and will be given points at the same time which you can use to buy resources from the sect. And when the sect is under attack, you'll be required to protect the sect." Peak Master added.

He think for a moment before he added, "I think those are the main responsibilities of an Guest Elder."

"On the other hand, since you don't hold power in the sect, the sect itself also won't be able to restrict you like its original members."

Cole nodded his head after hearing what it means to be an Guest Elder of the sect.

Being Guest Elder means that your affiliated to Five Element Sect but don't hold much power which will also correspond that he'll be basically free and the sect itself won't be able to restrict him.

After several moments of contemplation, since it mostly favor him, Cole decided to accept it.

"If that's the case, I'll accept it."

After all, the main reason why he wanted to leave the sect is becuase he fear about all of its restriction. For instance, they might confiscate the city of human he intend to establish under the rules of what your's are also a property of the sect. This is possible to happen should the faction he'll establish show its promise and attract the greed of others.

Without affiliation, he can fight and defend his territory but it'll tarnish his reputation should he fight the Five Element Sect while he's still its disciples.

But after he become its Guest Elder, they will be the one that'll tarnish their reputation should they forcefully consfiscate the faction he'll build.

"Hmm... Then stay in the sect for few more days. I'll ask the seal of approval of the sect about your request."

"What about my Beast-Tamer League, Peak Master?" After gaining the approval he seek, he ask about his second concern.

"About that, since a Guest Elder should not hold a power in the sect, you should either transfer its ownership to the sects disciple or disband it. And I suggest that you do the latter than the former since the sect itself don't have any relevant practice regarding beast taming. Without you, it'll only grow weak and insignificant."

With grave expression, Cole nodded his head in understanding.

Unlike him, who has the gold mine that is the [Inner World], normal disciples usually depend on the resources of the sect. This means that after he leave, the league itself won't be able to sustain its operation and might even become a laughingstock of other disciples.

Therefore, just like what the Peak Master said, it was better to disband it than to pass its burden to others, more specifically to Mark.

However, speaking of Mark, eventhough it wasn't that long time, he can see the effort he pour for the short amount of time that he was gone. The latter will definitely be impacted more compare to him should he tell him this news.

He can only compensate the poor disciple...

After all, he can't 'take' the latter with him when he leave.

Peak Master and Cole talk for several moments before they disperse and do what they needed to do.

As for Cole, after he descend from the Wood Peak, he immediately return back into his league territory.

He then instruct Mark to gather the new member of the group.

Whey they gather inside the league, Cole solemnly stated, "I know this is the first time that we gather altogether and suppose to have a joyous occasion but I have a bad news to announce. The Beast-Tamer League... will be officially disbanded after the sect master approved my request."

Instantly, the new members showed a surprise expression.

Mark, on the other hand, got stoned on his position. And when the news fully registered on his brain, he stand up and ask Cole face to face, "League Master, why... Why is the group disbanding? Did... Did I do something wrong."

Seeing the self-wronging expression of the latter, Cole immediately shake his head and answered, "Of course not. As a matter of fact, you did a very great job. It just that..." He pause and look at the whole group.

"I'm about to leave the sect. I have a vision and mission I want to achieve and I think that leaving the sect will be the best so that I won't be restricted by its rules and at the same time, I won't tarnish its name in my future actions."

"As for you all, no matter what your aims when you join the league, I still apologize to the fact that I'll disband not long after you join."

Just like what Cole said, since all the members of the league only join for short amount of time, they don't have much feeling about the group. Except for Mark, no one show an extreme dislike about the news.

"I sincerely apologize since I know that this will impact your future growth. It isn't much but please accept this gift for joining the sect and farewell gift at the same time."

Upon hearing that this occasion will truly affect their future career, several of the unfamiliar member immediately frown but instantly vanish after they check the content of the Magic Pouch they received.

With the departing gift, the unfamiliar members express their pity before 'weakly' leaving the league's ground. Cole only send them with weak smile.

After the group of people leave, he face the still shocked Mark.

"As a matter of fact, I don't really have to disband this group before I leave. However, you should know the effort one have to pour, not to say the resources, to the group to keep it afloat." After saying this, Cole enter his designated room in the building.

What Cole just said make sense. Most of the disciple group of the sect were either created by direct disciples of Peak Masters or son or daughter of the Elders and those massive figures support from the back, which usually provide the resources of the group.

And should Cole leave this group to him, he won't be able to lead it...

After thinking of this fact, Mark could only sigh in defeat and accept it.