153 - Guest Elder

Start from the beginning

Not long after, he was given a chance to meet his target.

"Greetings, Peak Master."

"I heard all your achievements on the secret realm exploration. You did great, greatly increasing the reputation of our Five Element Sect, specially our Wood Peak."

"It was my obligation as disciple of the sect and the Wood Peak."

Cole and Peak Master exchange more pleasantries for quite some time.

Not long after, the ambience between them become calm and peaceful. It was then Cole deem that it was the perfect time to speak out his main objective.

"Peak Master, I'm here for one thing, I'm here to gain your approval." Cole start and pause for a second.

He sigh before he continue, "I want to leave the sect."

Cole watch the expression of the old man intently.

But several moments have passed and yet his expression did not change.

"I understand. I'll give you my approval under one condition."

This time, Cole can't mask his emotion and show a surprised expression.

As far as he know, the sect value talent above all others. The exceptional abilities he show definitely show his infinite talent and the sect should supposedly do what they can to make him stay.

However, the old man did not even think and immediately agree.

Honestly, it wounded Cole's pride.

Seeing Cole's expression, the old Peak Master smile and said, "No need to look surprise. Its not because you lack talent that I decided to give you my consent. As a matter of fact, it's the exact opposite; you're extremely talented. I know that sooner or later, the sect won't be able to contain you. I only did not expext that it happen sooner than I initially expected."

Cole knew that the Peak Master of the Wood Peak is extremely wise but he didn't expect that he was more wiser than he thought.

Furthermore, according to his eyes and instincts, he could tell that the old man's word are sincere. He was ready to let him go without any after plan.

Cole can't help but smile.

"Peak Master, tell me what's the condition."

"Become the sects' Guest Elder."

Guest Elder?

As Cole started to wonder the meaning of the meaning of Guest Elder, Peak Master start to explain it.

"Being Guest Elder of the sect means you'll have an status the same as Elder in the sect, holding all of its perks but without the authority. You can carry and protected by the name of the sect under the consideration that you won't use it on extreme actions."

On the Azure Territory and the empire of the Aflame Family, the Five Element Sect is known to be an overlord. Its holds massive power and reputation.

This means that as long as one held the title of Guest Elder of the sect, they can use it to swagger in the outside world. An unknown family or powerhouse won't casually attack and kill the title holder in fear that they'll attract the wrath of Five Element Sect and face catastrophic revenge. After all, the Five Element Sect is also known to be a branch from its origin place, the more powerful Eastern Continent.

But at the same time, since the holder of the title means you also carry the name of the sect and your actions must be limited. For instance, one should not make an action that can trainish the reputation of the sect like making a massive genocide. Otherwise, the sect will hunt you down to 'cleanse' their name.