21

WARNING:
THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS MENTAL ILLNESS/HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
-
Don't forget to comment, I enjoy reading your comments :)

Rosé Pov

I leaned against the kitchen counter as Jennie sat down on a stool by the kitchen island, her eyes darting around me before landing on something beside me. Glancing beside me to see the knife holder. "Don't worry...I won't use them." I said before slowly looking back at her, she nodded, taking in a deep breath. I watched as she fiddled with her fingers while trying to gain some type of courage to speak. My curiosity got the best of me since I never got to know what I wanted to know, the whole purpose behind why I went to her place that day.

"The day I saw you two...I came for a specific reason."

"Which is?" Jennie carefully asked. She was scared, walking on eggshells around me.

"I was worried and wanted to know why you were hospitalized." I watched as her demeanor changed to a more uncomfortable and even more nervous one. In the end even if she had hurt me, I still cared about her. It's not like I wanted her dead and didn't care if something was wrong with her or was happening with her health. "It's fine, you don't have to tell me." I said since she didn't say anything.

"I-I just don't think that n-now is the right time to tell you." I frowned at her nervousness and choice of words, squinting my eyes at her. Now different thoughts started running through my head as to why she was at the hospital. One specific thought lingering in my head that didn't want to go away. "You are pregnant, aren't you?" I asked and sucked in air through my teeth before pushing myself from the counter and leaning forward on the island across from Jennie.

She widened her eyes at what I said and quickly shook her head. "That's the only thing I can think of Jennie." I seriously told her, with almost a disgusted tone as that would be taking everything too far. I don't care what happens now and after mine and Y/n's divorce but if she got pregnant months or weeks before this happened then that's when I will completely lose it. "Please." She pleaded.

"You are making it sound like I am right." It was still the only thing that I could think of and the way she tried to avoid it made it seem like I was right. "I'm not...I was under s-suicide watch after attempting suicide." Jennie quickly said and took in a shaky breath after, before looking down at the countertop. I cursed under my breath as I felt bad now since I basically forced her to say it which she obviously didn't want to. Clearing my throat, I looked to my side as I didn't know what to say. The silence became loud.

It broke my heart, but I couldn't tell her or show her that. I just couldn't. I wanted to show her my compassion, but I knew that she didn't need my pity. We weren't like that anymore. There's nothing between us anymore that makes it ok for me to show compassion. At least for me there wasn't anything between us anymore. "Sorry for forcing that out of you...I didn't know what else to think." I said after composing myself and looking back at her.

"It's fine..." Jennie said and looked at me, trailing off as I walked along the kitchen island before stopping as I was about 2 feet away from her. I wanted to look her properly in the eyes as I asked her about the truth.

Jennie Pov

I was scared, nervous, anxious and had about two panic attacks on my way here. I thought I would know what to say when I got her, but my tongue was tied. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I tried to hold eye contact. "How long?" Rosé asked, her tone hard as her tongue ran across her teeth. Nothing here was going to end well and I knew that. Nothing ever ends well when the truth comes out. "Do you want an honest answer?" I asked, hoping that she maybe didn't want to hear the full truth, but I was wrong. "Obviously yes, otherwise I wouldn't be asking." Right...

"It started when the two of you were getting to know each other and were becoming a thing. I didn't know that you two were becoming a thing and found out at that important fight she had with Kai, and we ended things the same day I found out...then started seeing each other again after a year so...two years."

I bit my tongue and closed my eyes after her palm came in harsh contact with my cheek, the slap stinging. Caressing my cheek, I opened my eyes and looked up at her. Her gaze was intense and hard, but the glimpse of hurt was still there as she blinked away her glossy eyes. Slowly removing my hand from my cheek as she spoke again. "Why?" She simply asked. "Chaeyoung." I desperately said as it would just hurt her more. Even if I came here to tell her the truth, I didn't want to hurt her more than I already did.

She clenched her jaw, shaking her head slightly. "No Jennie. Why?" She raised her voice in a demanding tone. She wasn't playing games. This wasn't one of my proudest moments but one of the most modest ones to say the least. I flinched in my seat as she slammed her hand against the counter, growing impatient with how I was taking my time. "I-...I love her." I couldn't say it while looking her in the eye, instead I kept them on her hand that was on the counter. This time the ring wasn't there. The silence was loud once again until she broke it with a calm yet chilling tone.

"She loves you too, doesn't she?" The question lingered in the air, and I looked up at her. "Tell me Jennie. It was just an infatuation with me. You are the one she truly loves and loved from the start...there was never any love for me." She spoke with realization; her tone was not as strong anymore as it was lingering with how hurt she was. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't keep up the act of pretending to not be hurt.

"I- I- I don't know...I think she does." It came out as a whisper; I didn't know how she felt about me, but I could only assume.

"Well, you two have my blessing. Just remember, once a cheater, always a cheater although I really hope that that doesn't apply to Y/n, and she won't do the same to you because no one deserves that no matter what they did...Now leave."

"Chaeyoung, please I'm-."

"Enough Jennie! Just leave, I don't want to see you or her again. I will forever cherish our time together even though you did me wrong. But it's over and now you have to leave."

I felt the tears build up in my eyes as she walked away towards the stairs leaving me. With a shaky breath, I got down the stool and made my way out of the house. Wiping my tears. My heart felt heavy as I just lost someone important, someone who I considered my little sister because love made me selfish. Her words still stuck in my head.

'Once a cheater, always a cheater.'

'I don't want to see you again.'

Y/n Pov

I opened my phone as it vibrated to see a text from Jennie.

7:36 pm
Jennie:
I need some time alone to think.

This is yet not the end of this mess...something is about to cause some more chaos here.
Any ideas on what that might be?

Please Vote