7

WARNING:
THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS MENTAL ILLNESS/HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
-
Don't forget to comment, I enjoy reading your comments :)

Jennie Pov

They took me to the waiting area of unit three that was empty, just me and the nurse that was basically babysitting me because they wouldn't let me in the ward until I got my bracelet removed. It was painful to sit here, I was still recovering and felt weak as if I would fall apart any moment. I wasn't bothered to inform them about that because I wouldn't mind just falling apart. I rested my head against the table and tried to rest or something since we've been sitting here for about 40 minutes now. Not having anything to occupy myself with, my mind was left to wander off to its favourite places. The pain, sadness, loneliness and the desire to just not breathe.

"Jenjen!" I lifted my head up at the cheerful voice. I love Liam, I do but I was not in the best mood or state to be with him right now. He is just a kid. "Liam." My voice came out raspy, making me clear my throat as he ran up to me. "Are you sick?" He worriedly asked as he climbed into my lap since I had no strength to pick him up myself right now. "Something like that." I replied and kissed his cheek, hugging his body as he leaned his back against my front when Y/n walked over to us with a bag. "Sorry it took time, he got hungry and wouldn't stop complaining and whining that I promised him nuggets." Y/n said as she sat down in front of us placing the bag on the floor.

"It's fine." It's not, but he is just a kid. "So do you wanna talk about it?" Y/n asked as she looked in her pockets, I snuggled my face in the crook of Liam's neck, leaving a small kiss making him giggle. "What's there to talk about? My failed attempt? How I will be under suicide watch for four days? That I show warning signs of possible bodily harm or purposefully k-." I cut myself off as I remembered that Liam is here and glanced at him to see him playing with the bracelet on my wrist. "Can you just remove this so I can go and sleep?"

"You can talk about anything with me Jennie, I mean it doesn't have to be about that unless you want to get something off your chest...I'm sorry for being like this but no matter how much you push me away I will still be here." Y/n spoke as she finally found what she was looking for in her pockets, taking out the small screwdriver. I wanted to be mad and pissed, I wanted to stay like that but I always failed when she spoke like that to me. I got emotional and wanted to cry my eyes out because someone cared for me even if in my head I would deny it. I was always crying.

I kept quiet and just reached my hand out for her to unscrew the screws on the...love bracelet. I sniffled and with my right hand wiped the one tear that rolled down my cheek. "Why do you even care that much for me Y/n? You have a life aside from me so why be bothered by me?" I simply asked, wiping more tears as they wouldn't stop. Liam squirmed in my lap, making me let go of him as I watched him run off to the play area for kids.

Y/n stopped what she was doing and looked at me, I wasn't capable of looking people in the eye like I used to anymore. I was scared to have eye contact with anyone. Your eyes always gave away everything and I would just end up crying when I held eye contact with someone. But with Y/n it was different, I felt safe looking into her eyes and felt like it was alright to cry unlike with others when I looked them in the eye. "I have never felt like you bother me...I told you why during Saturday." She looked me in the eyes and I just felt how more tears escaped from my eyes.

Everyone would always say 'You've changed' but they would rarely ask me 'How are you?' With Y/n it was different. She never mentioned anything about me changing and would only ask about how I was feeling.

"I don't remember Saturday." It came out like a whisper and I looked down, retreating my hand from her, pulling my sleeves over my hands to cover my eyes with them so they would soak up the tears. "My plan was to not be here anymore after Saturday Y/n...I wasn't supposed to be needing to remember. I was supposed to be remembered by everyone else." I cried out trying to keep myself from letting out sobs as I kept wiping my tears, my eyes starting to hurt from the constant wiping.

Y/n Pov

I got up from my place and walked over to Jennie, sitting down beside her. "You will hurt yourself." I said removing her hands from her eyes, her eyelids already red from the wiping. She tried to free her hands to continue but I held them in place making her look at me with her tears now freely streaming down her face. "You asked me why I couldn't just let you do it...it's because I love you too much to just let you go like that Jennie." A sob left her mouth and she rested her forehead against my torso. I slowly let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her waist while she held onto my shirt, her body shaking from her crying.

"It's too much Y/n, I don't want this anymore. I just can't take this anymore, I am getting tired of feeling like this, it's frustrating even. It's too tiring, I just can't keep going anymore." I pulled her closer, her body trembling from how she was crying, sobs and sniffles leaving her. "I don't want to feel like this anymore, it's getting to me and I feel like the only way is to just..." Her sobs cut her off as she was choking on them. I quickly wiped my tears with my one arm before wrapping it around her again. "Jennie." It came out like a whisper as she whimpered in my arms, shaking her head.

"Please, I will do anything and everything for you." I said, kissing the top of her head. "You can't do the only thing I want you to do Y/n no matter what you say." Jennie's voice quivered as she spoke, whimpers coming from her. "Which is?" I asked, rubbing her back. It got quiet as she calmed down, I waited for an answer or maybe I wouldn't get one. I wasn't going to press it.

Jennie Pov

"To choose me and be with me...I've been selfish enough already."

Y/n Pov

"...I've been selfish enough already." Jennie said, I didn't catch the first thing she said as she mumbled it to herself. I just let it go since it meant that she didn't want to speak about the thing she wanted me to do. She stayed in my arms for a bit, calming down, her cries slowly dying down as I just held her close. "Thank you Y/n...could you take this off, I am really tired and don't feel well." Jennie said while pulling away, sniffling as I slowly unwrapped my arms around her body while she gave me her hand.

Jennie Pov

The nurse walked in front of me, holding my bag as I wasn't able to hold it myself. Of course after she went through my bag to make sure there wasn't anything in it that I couldn't bring inside with me. We just entered the unit and Y/n and Liam had left. "You have a wonderful family there Ms.Kim...you and your partner look lovely together." I looked up from the floor, glancing at her and only hummed at what she said, not having energy to correct her since I wanted it to be true. I suddenly stopped in my tracks and swallowed, not feeling well at all. "Is everything alright?" The nurse asked, walking up to me. I frowned, clutching my stomach and shaking my head. "I need to throw up."

Any thoughts to share? On what is happening or on what might happen?

Please Vote