16

WARNING:
THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS MENTAL ILLNESS/HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
-
Don't forget to comment, I enjoy reading your comments :)

Y/n Pov

Chaeyoung didn't say more than that nor did Jennie or I utter a single word as she stormed off right after. Feeling Jennie shiver in my arms, I walked over to the pool's edge and sat her up. Away from the broken glass. She pulled her legs out of the water and pulled her knees to her chest before burying her face in her knees. Crying again. "Come on Jennie." I said, trying to get her to stand up after I myself got out of the cold water. She shook my hand off of her and continued crying. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes for a brief second, her sobs and sniffles occupying the air. I put my hand on her back and rubbed slowly. "Do you want me to leave?" I asked her, I mean maybe she needed to be alone now that this happened. She shook her head, not looking up from her knees.

"I want you to stay if that's alright...I need you." She mumbled out, her voice hoarse from the crying as she spoke. My mind couldn't think about what just happened, it was mostly blank because I couldn't even think of what might happen next. There were no scenarios. Maybe it is wrong of me, but I rather take care of Jennie first and make sure that she is ok. My mind could only prioritize Jennie at the moment. "Let's go inside then before you get sick." She took in a shaky breath and lifted her head up from her knees, her tears still streaming. Putting my hands under her arms and helping her up as she couldn't lift herself up before turning her to me.

I looked at Jennie as she held onto my arms with a firm grip, shutting her eyes tightly before resting her forehead against my torso. Noticing her state, I figured that she wasn't gathered enough to walk so with ease, I picked her up. Her legs wrapping around my waist and arms around my shoulders as she rested her head in the crook of my neck. With my hands under her thighs, I made my way inside while listening to her mumbling a bunch of sorry's. Her tears wetted my neck and already wet clothes as her lips brushed against my skin. I walked into her bathroom and placed her down on the counter.

I cupped her face and looked her in the eyes, she was still silently crying. "You have nothing to be sorry about Jennie." Wiping the tears that rolled down her cheeks with my thumbs. It was all my fault and she had nothing to be sorry about. I also didn't want her to feel worse although that was unavoidable now to be honest because guilt would eat her up. "Whatever will happen now...I am the only one to blame for it, no matter what happens now, it's all my fault." I explained to her, she bit her quivering lip and sniffled.

"You can't say that Y/n...I did just as much wrong as you. I knew all along how wrong this was and still chose to be selfish and continue." She cried out with her hoarse voice, breaking down yet again tonight. It was taking a toll on me to see her like this constantly, I can't even imagine how she felt. It probably wasn't right of me to stay here with her, but she wanted and needed me here. I couldn't just leave her; I didn't want to leave her. "Calm down ok." I softly said and kissed the top of her head before letting go to fill her bathtub with water so she could freshen up and get warm.

Turning on the water, I went back to her and grabbed the hem of her sweatshirt but stopped. "Do you want my help? Or will you manage?" I asked unsure since I remembered what she said earlier about feeling insecure about her body. She looked at me hesitant as she held onto my hands that held the hem of her sweatshirt. Jennie retreated her hands before speaking. "I don't, don't think I have enough stre- strength to...I- I- need your help." She stuttered out and took in a deep breath, I nodded my head at her before slowly lifting her shirt up. Taking it off, I let it fall to the floor as she instantly crossed her arms over her stomach to cover her body. I put my hands on her shoulders, caressing them with my thumbs slightly as I looked her in the eye.