"fine." louis said and shrugged. harry gritted his teeth at the man not bothering and spat out "i hate you."

"okay." louis smiled but it was painfully obvious that it was a fake one. in this moment harry questioned if louis had any feelings at all.

harry was about to walk away but louis stopped him leaning down. "i'm just saying, you don't hate me. at least not when you're sleeping. i'm not your pillow, you know?" louis whispered, staring right into harry's eyes. the latter's eyes widened as he understood what louis was saying. he slept on louis' shoulder. the older male saw his realisation and chuckled lowly before letting go of harry and walking away to join lydia.

a heat rose in harry's cheeks. god, this was so embarrassing. he probably slept at least a few hours and had leaned onto louis all that time? he wanted to disappear into the ground right there.

after his face had finally returned to its usual colour harry walked over to luke who was quietly chatting with johnny and klyde.

"luke? can i talk to you for a second?" he questioned.

"sure. what about?" the older male asked.

"i wanted to ask if you could explain all this mafia thing. that's if you can of course, but i'm kind of curious and louis won't tell me." harry explained. luke chuckled at the last part and harry looked at him questioningly.

"you seem to have grown fond of louis. i heard he was your pillow during the ride." the older male explained. harry sighed and exclaimed "i'm not fond of him! it's more of a 'i have to put up with him'. i'm pretty sure he hates me."

"he hates everyone. don't worry about it too much." luke laughed, looking at louis' and lydia's backs.

"why is that so?" harry asked. he didn't know whether he overstepped a boundary or not but luke's answer would tell him.

"i don't know. he's been like that ever since we first met. that was years ago, he was sixteen or seventeen back then. i had just gotten my first load of guns and he accidentally found them while strolling around. he was a bit too excited about them and made too much noise which gained my attention and i caught him. even back then he was already fast and a good fighter but he was scared of my gun in my hand so i won. i let him go because he was just a teenager. later i figured he would fit in with the mafia but of course, i had no idea who he was and where to find him. one day, maybe a few months after, i found him again, stealing some food from a grocery store. i put him into my car and then we drove. i asked him many, many questions but he did not say a word. my best guess is that he was an orphan, living on the streets. he looked like it." luke told him.

"whoa." harry mumbled. he didn't know what else to say. if luke was right with his guess then he, harry, would feel pretty bad. not only because he had judged louis but also because he had never appreciated how good his own life has been so far.

"yeah, so don't take it too hard if he's mean. i've known him for years and i still think he doesn't like me. plus he's also pretty awkward to be around. just don't overthink it." luke hummed.

"i'll try not to. he's pretty important in the mafia, isn't he?" harry asked. he had noticed louis to be on both important missions that he had been involved in, in contrary to timotheé for example.

"yes, he's the boss of a unit within the mafia. besides he's just an amazing fighter, whether with his body or with a gun." luke replied.

"there's different units?" harry questioned surprised but luke just smiled at him. harry nodded at him in understanding. obviously the man just couldn't tell him everything. he was not part of the mafia so why would he get the privilege to know about it.