I posed for the camera while the photographers took my pictures.

"Thank you Ms. Edward." The photographer moved away and I looked around for Adam who came from behind me and helped me tie my mask back.

"You look so amazing. A goddess. My goddess. All mine." He whispered and I blushed, then turned to face him as we walked into what looked like a huge ballroom, decorated beautifully.

"Wow." I looked around in awe. People were dressed up in fancy outfits, sipping champagne and chatting with each other as live music played somewhere.

I spotted my brothers talking among each other, while women would stop and stare at them. Adam chuckled and I noticed he was looking at them too.

"Looks like the women are crowding them today, since I'm taken." Adam said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes, smiling and we walked over to them. 

Adam handed me a champagne glass from a tray and took one for himself.

"Do you like it? The party?" He asked me after a while.

"I love it. Everything's so beautiful." I told him, my face lighting up when he smiled.

He's so charming.

"And for the record, women are stopping and staring at you too." I pointed out to him but he smiled.

"Really? I didn't notice with the beautiful lady on my arm. It's hard to look anywhere else let alone, think about anything else." He chuckled and I smiled at him.

"You've outdone yourself Adam." Lance spoke and we all looked at him. "But why a masquerade?"

"My mother loved a good masquerade. It's where you can be anyone and status or anything else about you simply doesn't matter." He answered as if he had memorized the words. 

He was also honoring his mother's memory in a way. Keeping a part of her alive. It's amazing.

Lance nodded in acknowledgement and someone came from behind us and clapped Adam on the shoulder.

"You've done well son. Your mother would be proud of you." The man said and I figured he was Adam's father. 

"Dad, you've met Isabelle, my girlfriend. The one you met at the party." Adam gestured to me and his father looked at me and smiled.

"Ah, yes I remember, Isabelle. You look beautiful tonight darling but I have to ask you, how did you rope him in?" He pointed towards Adam who rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Actually, he was the one who asked me out." I whispered to him but Adam must've heard him the way he frowned.

"Well, well, who would have guessed. You keep him in line and take good care of him now, will you?" He told me and I nodded my head at him smiling widely.

"I will." I looked at Adam who gave me an affectionate smile and took my hand.

"Ah, young love. I remember how it was like. Felt like you could do anything." His father told us and we both smiled at him. He gave us a soft smile and patted my shoulder.

"Have fun you two." He told us and walked away, when someone came up to us.

"My, what a beautiful lady." The man said and took my hand, kissing it and bowing slightly. Adam cleared his throat behind us and the man looked at him.

"Ah! Adam, I've been looking all over for you. Forgive me my lady, I haven't introduced myself. George Williams, at your service." He gave me a toothy smile and his brown eyes shimmered from under his black mask.