Horrified by the scene, I run toward Riley and start yelling like a madman.

"What the fuck, Rebecka? Be careful with her stomach!" I say sternly. I place a hand on the back of Riley's head and the other on her stomach. "My love. Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

Riley coughs a couple of times and then sits down.

"I'm alright, Alec. Chill" she laughs lightly to make a scene. Her dismissive behavior made me furious.

"How can you tell me to chill?! You could have... Ugh!" I rant exasperated when she kept looking at me as I went nuts. "You were just throwing up this morning!" I finish yelling.

Rebecka and Carmen gasped.

"What? I didn't know," excuses Rebecka rapidly. "If I had known I wouldn't have punched her in the stomach"

"It's alright," says Riley smiling up at her, not wanting her to feel bad.

"Enough training for today," I say gruffly making Riley stand up so I can double and throw her over my shoulder.

"Oh no... Alec, please... What a bummer..." mumbles Riley pretending to be sad that I cut her training short.

I have such a lazy mate.

"So uh... can we get brownies?" Riley asks after a few minutes of silence.

"You just finish training, woman" I say incredulously, mockery tainting my tone.

She falls silent.

"No brownies, then?"

I scoff, not able to not smile because of her.

"What do you think about one green apple and a berries smoothie?"

She hums, not convinced.

"Two apples" I add trying not to laugh.

"Deal" she finally says.

I shake my head, knowing very well she is going to sneak something sweet from the kitchen during the night before going to bed.

***

RILEY'S POV:

So the moment of meeting my sister-in-law has arrived. We were waiting for Annie outside, ready to go dress shopping. My mom and Ellie along with my brother's mates would meet us in the first shop that was on the list.

Alec was beside me, which I was grateful for. I needed his emotional support. Though I was probably overreacting, but my anxiety is not letting me think clearly.

I feel Alec's hand on my waist tightening and I smile at his warmth, his presence known by the weight of his arm around me.

Annie's car drives around the small round island-like that was in the middle of the driveway with a fountain and my breath hitch when the mini-cooper stops in front of us. From the car, a girl younger than me appears. She has short dark brown hair, a heart shaped-face, and white skin. She was shorter than me, but she almost reached me with her shoes that has such big platforms.

She grabs her handbag while a staff member helped her with her suitcase.

She walked toward us and once she stops in front of us, she put her sunglasses on top of her hair. Her expressionless eyes look me up and down, like inspecting me.

Oh no, I didn't like that face already.

Beside me, Alec growls lowly as in warning and I tense. It was like that was her cue, because her face crack into a wide smile, and laughs loudly.

"Gotcha!" she exclaims and throws herself at me in a big hug, shaking us to one side and the other. At first, I was a little shocked at what just happened, but then I smile and hug her back, relief flowing through my body. "Welcome to the family!" says pulling away.

"Thanks!" I say expelling a breath after such an unexpected tight hug.

Annie beams at her brother, pulling both hands in front of her with thumbs up.

"Now I finally have a sister to spend time with!" she chimes excitedly. Damn, knowing Alec, I definitely wasn't expecting his sister to have such a bubbly personality.

Someone behind us scoffs.

"Yeah, We'll pretend like we didn't just hear that" Rebecka grumbles crossing her arms on her chest. Carmen looked like she wanted to play the part of the victim too, but her cheeks were puffy full of air in an attempt to contain the laughter.

"Oh, you know what I mean!" she says, opening her arms wide. "Come! Let me give you a hug now!" Annie says the same moment Rebecka's eyes go wild with panic and runs straight to the car that will take us to the shop, scaping Annie's grasp. "She loves me, even if she denies it" Annie reassures me when I watch the situation unfold.

Wellp, something tells me this is going to be a fun evening.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for visiting my story! Still struggling to gain more audience but well, no one said it was going to be easy hehe.

Also sorry for not posting last Thursday, couldn't find the time to sit down and write. But here I am!

I don't know how many chapters are left, but I know the story is almost finished. Though it's sad, I'm also excited to continue project I left unfinished:)

Thank you for staying with me <3