Chapter 38

Riley's POV:

I open my eyes with a groan. I don't remember falling asleep. I look around and find myself in Alec... our room at the palace. 

I bolt up, regretting the action immediately. Ugh. My whole body hurts. No, more than hurting, it felt numb, an uncomfortable feeling over my skin. The drug wearing out maybe?

I look around but I was alone in the room, and the scent of my mate and my friends was faint. I frown, confused. Where are they?

I get up not paying attention to how weird my body felt and go down the stairs to open the door. Out in the hallway, I see two royal guards standing stiffly facing my door.

"Where's my mate?" I was not going to play around. The scents here were faint too, only the scents of the guards being strong. I simply can't explain their absence. I was abducted and tortured, and I needed my mate's company, to reassure me that everything was okay, that we were okay. Is Alec still hiding from me because of our argument?

"Uh..." one guard hesitates and I look at him dead in the eye, letting him know that my lycan was on the surface, and I growl at him. "The royal prince and his packmates went to end the life of who hurt you, your highness."

My breath hitched. Did they... leave me here all alone? After what happened? I feel my heart shattering. How could they do this to me?

"Prepare a car for me, I'm joining the royal highness," I say with bitterness.

"But your highness.." I don't let the guard finish, I close the door in his face and run upstairs into the wardrobe and put on black leggings and a tight black t-shirt, without a bra, I didn't want anything pressing on me. I put on a pair of sneakers and tie my hair up.

Then I run downstairs opening the door, hoping the damn car was ready.

I start walking toward the door to leave the wing and head toward the entrance, dead set on my goal.

"Your Highness!" I hear someone yell behind me.

I female lycan stops in front of me, warrior suit on her. I raise a brow at her.

"Your Highness, if you please calm down..."

"Calm down?! You, as a woman, must know to never tell an enraged woman to calm down" I spat in her face, fury boiling my blood.

"I'm here to protect you, and Prince Alec asked me personally to keep you here, where you will be safe," she says, she portrayed a relaxed aura, but her posture was tense.

"I'm going either you take me or not. My mate left me here, alone, after being tortured, not waiting for me to wake up. Finding more important to kill someone instead of being here for me, HIS MATE" I yell, breathing heavily. "So, what is it gonna be? Are you taking me where my mate is, ensuring that I'm safe? Or let me go by myself when anything could happen, failing your task?"

We stare at each other. There was no way I was backing down.

She sighs breaking the eye contact.

"Let's go then"

I smile triumphantly and follow her outside. We just need to wait a few seconds until a black jeep stops in front of us and we hop in. Two guards were in the front seats, two more following, sitting behind us, and the car started.

I couldn't wait to look Elena in the eye and tell her she is going to die, no crown for her. Oh, and I also couldn't wait to give my mate a piece of my mind.

***

The ride was long, and filled with uncomfortable silence. I knew the guards were nervous because they were disobeying the royal prince's command, but Alec had no right to leave without me, leaving me alone with a tortured body and mind. And I also can't believe Rebecka and Carmen didn't keep me company. Was I even part of the pack at all?