Chapter 21

I don't know how long I've been zoning out, but when I open my eyes I feel groggy and tired.

"Ugh" I mumble wanting some mochaccino or coffee with chocolate milk. Yeah, spoiler alert, I hate coffee, too bitter for a sweet person like me, but when I feel too tired, I have to drink a bit of coffee with something that will smooth the bitter taste.

"You are about to go on a date but look as if you are ready for a nap" chides Carmen.

"Don't blame me. You two are taking too long! After forty-five minutes I just needed to close my eyes to survive the boredom" I complain looking at myself in the mirror and I open wide my eyes at the person that was looking back at me. Damn, they did a really good job. I have smoky golden eyes and red lipstick to match the red dress. And my hair was up on a part and then falls on golden curls to the middle of my back.

I... look... gorgeous!

"You are such a crybaby" mocks Rebecka rolling her eyes.

"Wow," I mutter wanting to touch my hair but too scared to mess it up. "I feel good!"

"Wait until we finish the look with the dress and heels. Come on!"

They help me get in the dress not wanting to ruin the hair and when I finish putting on the heels, I stare at the floor-length mirror in Rebecka's room I was speechless.

To be honest, I've never felt pretty like this. I mean, I'm okay with myself, but never felt in awe of myself. I was just a regular girl that liked to dress comfortably but stylishly. I never really have put much effort into looking good so to be looking like this makes me feel... powerful. The look gives me some type of confidence I was lacking.

"Thank you, guys!" I cheer hugging both of them "I love it. You are incredible"

"Everything for you, bae" winks Rebecka who then looks at her expensive watch and her smile gets bigger. "Time to escort the lady!"

They both take one of my arms and walk me out of the room all the way to the huge entrance door which is opened for us before we reach it and once we stop at the threshold, my mouth drops at the view.

Just outside was an open carriage made of wood with beautiful details and designs, being pulled by two huge shire horses that looks majestic. And leaning on the carriage was a handsome, hot-as-hell lycan prince who was gaping at me at the moment.

I smile and descend the stairs to get to him.

He was dressed in a grey suit that fitted him like a glove, with a white dress-up shirt and a black bow that gives him a vintage look. And let's not forget the red rose in the tiny pocket on his suit jacket at chest level.

"Princess" says bowing at me.

I rise a brow at him, trying to contain the laugh that wanted to come out and mock him.

"What kind of bow was that? You didn't bend enough" I tease and now standing at his full height, he looks at me amused. "Such bad manners for a prince! Disgrace! Disgrace!" I yell, forcing my voice to sound like those bitchy aunts that appears in the movies.

To hide the smile, Alec covers his mouth with his hand in a move that seemed he was rubbing his chin as he was thinking of a solution to a huge problem.

"I could bend you alright" he counters and I gap at him looking around, my cheeks bright red. I can't believe he just said that in the open!

"Oh, my goddess. I want to kill you" I murmur hiding my red face in my hands.

Alec laughs. The fucker.

"You can try... in the bed" he adds and I groan.

"Shut up" I shriek too embarrassed to think of a better come-back.

"With your lips? Any time, baby" he winks and the urge to hit him was strong.

"I'm turning back!" I threaten. Alec simply laughs.

"Come on, love. Don't break this prince's heart, now" he says with a pout and I roll my eyes. With a face like his, it was difficult to look cute.

I sigh, pretending to be annoyed.

"Well, I can't just waste the dress, the makeup and the hair, can we?"

"That would be a crime" Alec agrees with a nod.

I smile at him, enjoying our bickering, and take the hand he was offering to help me get in the carriage. He follows me a few seconds later and when we are comfortable, the carriage starts moving, the horses snorting like the beast they are.

Alec takes my hand and kisses it, staring deep into my eyes with so much adoration the breath gets stuck in my throat.

"You are looking breathtaking as always" he says, pulling a stray hair behind my ear. I smile feeling a little bit embarrassed. No man had ever called me pretty before or looked at me the way Alec is looking at me right now, and I could feel my heart getting excited, eager to fill that empty space that I was reserving for the love of my life.

"You don't look so bad yourself" I reply, hitting myself mentally.

Ugh, right now wasn't the moment to say something sarcastic or be defensive. I always answer with something sarcastic when someone compliments me, it's like an instinct.

"You look like the prince in the fairytales, except for the sex-appealing and snarky comments related to sex" I say. Alec pulls his head back laughing loudly.

"Can't believe you just said that" he says between breaths, still trying to recover from the laugh. My lips quiver.

"Sorry. Never been really good with compliments" I confess, fidgeting with my hands. Alec takes both of my hands in his and gives them a squeeze.

"Start practicing your replies, my love, because from now on, I will praise you and remind you how beautiful and perfect you are, every single day"

I snort, in an attempt to hide my embarrassment.

"Oh shut up, now!" I say without thinking and when I realize what I said, I close my mouth and Alec simply laughs at me.

"Can you be any cuter?" he says and kisses my cheek before I start arguing. "I just love how outspoken and honest you are. I love that you are yourself not caring about what people might think because pretending being someone else would only make you miserable and you don't want to be miserable so you just arrive and explode the party you carry inside yourself"

Alec says everything without looking away from me and my mouth drops at his words. He just made me seem like someone incredible to meet, but that's not true. I mean, I like being myself, I like myself, and I want honest people to like me for who I am and not like who they think I am...

I look at Alec with new eyes. He just confessed he liked me for who I am, and there's no way I could stop my heart from falling for this beautiful man.

On an impulse, I lean in and kiss his cheek taking him by surprise.

"Though at first, it is hard to see who you really are because you shy away, but once you get comfortable around people, you open up and it makes me really happy to realize that you have opened up to me, because it means you feel comfortable with me"

We stare at each other. My heart swells at his words and not being able to contain myself, I grab his face pulling him toward me and I crash my lips with him, ready to revel in his taste.

I hear Alec groan, deepening the kiss with his hand at the back of my neck and I moan against his mouth, something that makes a grumble resonate in his chest and suddenly, I felt my panties getting wet, thinking that his animalistic response was a huge turn on.

He is the one that breaks the kiss, breathing heavily.

"My love" he breathes, his voice sounding deeper than normal. "If we don't stop, I'll make this carriage turn around so I can make you mine over and over until you can't get out of the bed, just so I can start all over again" he threatens. In response, I bite my lip.

"Okay" I mutter and compose myself, surprising myself by thinking that I didn't care at all about his threat, what's more, I was looking forward to it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello my loves, how are you today?

Don't forget to vote and comment🤗