Chapter 15

Alec's POV:

When I saw Riley's eyes black made my lycan greedy. He wanted to see how much the process to turn into a lycan has advanced. We both were ready to make her ours, but I knew I still needed to wait for her to completely develop.

Carter, Felix and I had our theories as to why the process of her have been way quicker than normal cases. But I didn't care, it meant that I can soon make her mine, to be connected to her.

I never thought having a mate would be like this, and I was craving for more. She simply feels so good, so right in my arms, and I can see she is as affected by me as I am by her.

I could drown in her scent and still want more.

I liked how her golden hair shined under the light, how her pale skin flushed when I am around, and when her nose moved ever so slightly, taking my scent as if it was a drug she needed to survive. I loved how her hazel eyes looked at me with so much intensity and passion, it makes me wonder why she was fighting the mate bond. It didn't make sense. It was clear she wanted me, so, what was stopping her to give herself fully to me? Because it was clear the moment we met in the woods she and her wolf accepted me as her mate. Something clearly changed, but couldn't decipher what, because she doesn't seem too willing to give out that information.

Remembering how broken she was last night makes something inside me clench painfully. She was in pain, that was clear. She was blaming herself for something. Could it be that her return triggered something? I have so many questions, but she seemed unwilling to open up to me, which pains me deeply. I am her mate, she should feel comfortable with me, and know that she is safe with me... Is it that I am doing something wrong?

Anger and sadness invaded my body thinking that she didn't want me. I didn't care though. I'll do anything to make her want me. I'll fight for her, and show her how precious she is to me. How beautiful she looks when she is enjoying herself or how I feel like I'm floating when she looks at me with those doe eyes of hers.

***

While the girls were out running, we went to a private part of the woods close to my room where we exercise or battle when the weather is good. There we spent good hours wrestling and fighting to tire us and keep my mind occupied. I so wanted to kiss her when she looked at me with so much lust in her eyes.

I growl.

Damn, I wanted her badly.

When I felt like I had enough, I went to have a shower, wanting to be refreshed when Riley is done with the massages I arranged for them to get. Hope she liked it, because I found out that pleasing my mate was the best way to be happy, seeing her happy makes me happy, because that means I'm doing a good job.

I stop dead in my tracks when leaving my wardrobe that scent that I hated so much invaded my nose. I scrunch my nose in disgust. I didn't have time for her.

I walk down the stair to see her sitting comfortably on one of the couches that were displaced in front of a huge TV. She raise her head when she heard me and a cat-like smile appeared on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I growl, already feeling my patience decrease to a dangerous level.

"That's not the way to greet your mate, darling" she purrs standing up to walk up to me circling my neck with her sneaky arms but I push her away.

I growl again, despising the words she just said.

"How many times do I have to remind you that you are not my mate and never will be? Or are you too stupid to get it into your head?" I spat. Being polite to her was no use, it didn't work with her, and it seems being a jerk didn't work either, which was hilarious. She didn't give a fuck how I treated her as long as she gets what she wants: the crown.

She pouts, ignoring the fact that I just called her stupid.

"But baby, your parents promised me to you when I was born. You don't want to disappoint them, do you?"

I turn around, rolling my eyes. It makes me pity and hates her even more for her desperate attempts to get me to agree for her to be my mate. It was just lame. She was completely shameless. I didn't know how could she think that was attractive. It's kinda hilarious.

I let out a cold laugh.

"That's not my problem, Elena. I made myself clear to them long ago that I wouldn't mate anyone that's not my mate" I say sneering at her over my shoulder.

I see her clenching her jaw.

"But she is just a worthless she-wolf! She could never be a Queen, she doesn't have what is needed for the position!" she finally snaps and I glare at her.

"And you do?" I mock. "Go away, Elena. You have no business here" I say turning back again, wanting her to leave my private quarters. I'm going to fire the fucker who let her in.

"You can't do this to me, Alec! She will regret stepping in my way!" she growls.

In a second, I have her pinned against the wall with my hand grasping her throat. She struggles for air.

"Did you just threaten my mate?" I grow menacingly and I feel her confidence slipping. "Do something against her, and I won't care who your father is, I will kill you" I threaten her quizzing her throat one last time before letting her go. She tries to regain the air she lost. I wait, there was no way I will leave my room with her still there.

I'm about to turn around, again, ready to kick her out of my room when she grabs my face and kisses me.

I wanted to throw up.

I push her away and grab her throat again, letting her know my lycan was on the surface.

"Out. Now" I growl with an animalistic voice and she scurries away leaving my room.

I sigh, annoyed. Now I have to shower and change clothes again. I stink.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello lovers! How you doin'?😏

Whoever comes up with the most creative way how to kill Elena wins! Lol

I'm craving a good romantic book. Any suggestions?

Don't forget to feed the story with your votes and comments!

Xoxo